abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Docsis 3.1 to ethernet
_prathyu
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

Hello,

I recently took a Vodafone internet connection (fiber optic) with the Fritzbox 6660.

The Fritzbox router is connected to the internet in the hallway.

The WLAN internet connection is dropping more often and is low in speed while working.

I wanted to connect to the LAN instead of the WLAN for my laptop. I have noticed that I only have the Docsis 3.1 ports (multimedia) ports in all my other rooms and not the Ethernet ports. How can I connect to the internet with LAN from other rooms?

I cannot move the Fritzbox router to other rooms as then we will end up with no WLAN bandwidth on the other rooms in the apartment.

I have attached the photos of the connection in the hallway and the ports in the other rooms.

Any suggestions and possible solutions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Prathyu

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen

you can try to connect the Vodafone Station on a cable outlet in another room

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

4 Antworten 4
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

If there are no LAN cables installed in your appartment, then you'll have to do it on your own. You cannot use the Coax system instead of LAN cables.

Hello,

Thank you for your kind response.

Isn't it possible to use another modem or anything similar in the other rooms and connect to LAN?

Best,

Prathyu

you can try to connect the Vodafone Station on a cable outlet in another room

@_prathyu  schrieb:

Isn't it possible to use another modem or anything similar in the other rooms and connect to LAN?

No - one contract can only be used by a single cable router / cable modem.

You may install your cable router at another outlet, but you cannot use mutliple cable routers / cable modems at the same time with only one contract.