abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Why is it impossible to talk with Customer Service at Vodafone?
sinetris
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

I have just signed a new contract with Telekom in desperation because the MeinVodafone area is not working properly for me and I have no idea who I should contact in Vodafone for support.

I have been a Vodafone customer for years and my experience with Vodafone has always been stressful and the customer service totally absent.

Apparently I have two logins with the same email and when I log in and log out and then log in again, it switches from one to the other.
Is being this way for years and the whole mess started when Vodafone decided to unify the login for Vodafone and Kable Deutschland and I couldn't login into my KD account anymore. I went in quite a few Vodafone shops, small and big, and all I got was always a phone number to call by myself and had to waste hours trying to talk with a real person in English with no avail or no results.

When I moved to a new apartment and asked to move my cable contract I got an OK from Vodafone but then they closed the contract and the only communication was an email, that I noticed by accident, saying that there was no cable connection at my new apartment.
I should have taken the hint and switched to another service provider, instead as stubborn as I am I asked a Vodafone store near my new apartment for a new DSL contract and to merge it with my mobile contract and fix the login mess, they agreed but this was not done correctly neither and I noticed that the mobile contract still refers to my old address and I have got none of the advantage of merging the contracts (for the past 2 years).

Vodafone DSL has been experiencing several slowdowns and outages lately in Berlin, but being a software infrastructure engineer myself, I considered these inconveniences to be in part expected during a time when everyone is working remotely like the COVID-19 pandemic but my problem is an absent customer service and MeinVodafone showing errors most of the time (internet connection glitches, unless the entire network is going down, is something I can try to fix myself).

I have learned that going to Vodafone centers is a waste of time because the people inside it can't do anything.

I had to use another email to log into the forum because it said my email was already used by another user (I probably already registered on the forum while logged in with the other account that uses the same email).

If the administrative area (MeinVodafone) worked and I had a decent contract I would have no problem to stay with Vodafone, but as I said, I can not do any operation in MeinVodafone and my contracts are Red L 8GB (yes, eight gigabytes) at 90 euros for mobile* and 50 euros for landline/DSL at 250Mb.
*I pay 90 euros for mobile because I should have a top of the range phone... but I have an iPhone 8 plus and a Vodafone operator called me a few weeks ago to make me an offer for an iPhone 12 and when I asked what model or if I could give an answer the next day they told me that they didn't know the model and I should decide right away. I said no to the offer knowing that the iPhone 13 would be coming out shortly thereafter.

The last contact with one of Vodafone operators was pretty weird. They called me to ask why I had cancelled the contract, when I asked if they were talking about the mobile or the landline/DSL because I closed both, they coughed and hung up the call.

I apologize for the long letter of complaints, and to think that I re-registered to the forum to ask if it was possible to close the DSL contract in advance since the MeinVodafone area is not working.
I have already asked to close the mobile contract (which will be closed in January 2022) and tried to ask for an early termination for the DSL contract, but I received August 2022 as termination date.
Since MeinVodafone works for me on and off, I had to ask for a normal termination and added details in the message. Probably the system is automated and/or malfunctions in the administration area are not included in the reasons for asking for a special termination.

I have already received a confirmation email from Telekom saying they will activate my DSL contract in August 2022. I will end up paying more than I do now with Vodafone but at least I will have access to the admin area.

Vodafone has good prices (in the initial offering), but if a low cost comes at the expense of decent customer service (one that exists?) I don't feel comfortable recommending Vodafone as an internet service provider.

Best regards,
DR

3 Antworten 3
Norman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi sinetris,

thank you for your detailed report. I understand your anger. I am sorry that we did not convince you with our online area MeinVodafone and our customer service. It is understandable that you want to quit after the bad experience. I apologize for that.

Our contracts have a term of 24 months. They can be terminated with a notice period of 3 months to the end of the term.

How long does the DSL contract run? Are the first 24 months over?

Best regards

Norman

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi @Norman

Thank you for the kind words! ☺️

The 24 months contract was from August 2019 to August 2021. I closed the contract few days ago (September) so i will have to wait until August 2022 😔

I was hoping to be able to close the contract earlier (like in 3 months, January 2022) paying a small fee, but from what I understood I would have to pay the entire sum until August 2022 anyway, so I will keep using Vodafone until that date and hope I don't need to use MeinVodafone in the meantime.

Do you know what is the procedure to keep the rented router at the end of the contract?

In this document it says it would be 35€ for the FRITZ!Box 7530, but my German is not good enough to understand if it's the price to buy the device or is simply a fee for not returning it.

Best regards,

DR

Norman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @sinetris,

you're welcome. 🙂

Okay. That was the information which I needed. Let me take a look into your account. Maybe I can offer a solution.

Please send me a private message (click on my username, then on the right side "Sende eine private Nachricht". It's a red button) with the following data:

- customer number

- name

- address

- date of birth

Your rented router will be also cancelled by the end of your contract. Both are linked. 😉 You always need to pay the fee only if you do not return the router after the end of the contract. We'll tell you where to send the router with the confirmation of cancellation. Normally you find all informations on page 3 or 4. Put this page into the package and send it back to us. That's it. 🙂

Best regards

Norman

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!