abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Does Vodafone provide TAE – RJ11 adapter for DSL?
opposite
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello! I don't speak German yet, hope you can understand my post.
Currently I'm waiting for DSL connection with Vodafone. I bought Keenetic router and it has only standard RJ-11 connector for DSL. But on my wall I see only German TAE socket. So, will Vodafone technician bring the adapter? Or I need to find it by myself?
Total waiting time for connection is 3 weeks, so I don't want to be rejected because of lack of some small thing:)

9 Antworten 9
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

No, Vodafone doesn't provide you with cables that should be supplied with your router.

And the technician won't install your router at all.

I checked several routers, 0 supplied with such adapter. Anyway, not a big problem, I'll buy it in Saturn.
But if technician won't install router, what's the point of his visit and such long waiting in general?

And maybe next question: where can I get parameters for DSL connections in case technician won't do this?🤔

@opposite  schrieb:

I checked several routers, 0 supplied with such adapter.

Then you definitely checked wrong - at least FritzBoxes will provide you with the appropriate cable...

@opposite  schrieb:

But if technician won't install router, what's the point of his visit and such long waiting in general?

The technician sets up the line from the DSLAM to your outlet by connecting the correct wires in your house and at the cabinets at the street. But he doesn't install your router...

@opposite  schrieb:

And maybe next question: where can I get parameters for DSL connections in case technician won't do this?🤔

You get them shortly before the line is set up in a separate letter.

But it might be that your router is not compatible at all...

@reneromann  schrieb:
Then you definitely checked wrong - at least FritzBoxes will provide you with the appropriate cable...

Looks like only FritzBox supplies such adapters

@reneromann  schrieb:

The technician sets up the line from the DSLAM to your outlet by connecting the correct wires in your house and at the cabinets at the street. But he doesn't install your router...

I've chosen Vodafone because previous tenants also had Vodafone. If technician didn't come and cut their line after contract termination, there is no work required, I suppose.

@reneromann  schrieb:

You get them shortly before the line is set up in a separate letter.

But it might be that your router is not compatible at all...

Sounds bad. I just checked papers I got from Vodafone Shop: can't find any information about router requirements. Guy at Vodafone office told me any VDSL router will work. Is any ways to check compatibility?

And my termin is on 7 of December, so only 2 business days left, but I didn't get any paper letters/emails from Vodafone.

opposite
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Today Telekom technician did something at my house. And as expected, I can't connect to the Internet. Is it possible to reach somehow support? 

Answering to myself: no, it is not possible to reach support. But thanks to friendly guy in Vodafone shop who showed where can I found parameters for DSL connection. Finally I'm user of slowest internet in the world 👍

Hi! I also bought keenetic. May I ask you support? Which VLAN ID, MTU, Method of authorization (ex. PPPoE) I should choose when I connecting to network? I'm using VDSL Vodafone

opposite
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi! During initial setup wizard for DSL connection I chose: "Vodafone (Telekom Resale Anschluss, VLAN ID 7, VDSL)"

It automatically set:

VLAN ID: 7

MTU size: 1492

Protocol: PPPoE

Authentification: Auto