abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Moving to other apartment with Internet provided - cancel Vodadone, pause or something else?
nakroz
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello! I'm moving from Berlin to Munich before the end of December and will (sub-)rent there a temporary apartment for 2-3 months. Internet connection exists there and is included in the rental fee. Currently, I have my 24-month Vodafone contract which can be terminated only at the end of 2021.

What options do I have, and which is the best to pick? Thank you in advance!

5 Antworten 5
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

There is only one option: Report a move.

In case the contract can be fullfilled at the new address, the contract will move to that address - no matter if there is already an internet line available or included in the rent.

Only if the contract cannot be fullfilled, you are granted a right to prematurely cancel the contract (usually Vodafone will advise you about that right once their check is negative), but Vodafone might require you to provide proof (e.g. so called "Ummeldebescheinigung") of your move. Then your contract will be cancelled with a 3 months notice period starting by the day of your notice is received but not earlier than the date of your move (which can be seen on the "Ummeldebescheinigung" that you can hand in after you've got it)

Thanks!

• What happens if there is a Vodafone connection in use at the new address which belongs to the tenant who sub-lets the apartment?
  • What happens to the existing Vodafone connection at my current apartment during that 3-month pre-cancellation period if Vodafone service is unavailable at the new place? Will somebody who moves in instead of me be able to use it?

@nakroz  schrieb:

Thanks!

• What happens if there is a Vodafone connection in use at the new address which belongs to the tenant who sub-lets the apartment?

That is a special case - in that case, the contract can be cancelled with the same 3-months period like it would not be available. But you'll therefor need the customer number of that tenant.

@nakroz  schrieb:
  • What happens to the existing Vodafone connection at my current apartment during that 3-month pre-cancellation period if Vodafone service is unavailable at the new place? Will somebody who moves in instead of me be able to use it?

No - cable internet connections are bound to the Router, not to the outlet.

So if you return the router of your contract, nobody else will be able to use that contract.

The people moving in after you've left will be able to get their own cable contract and thus their own router&connection.

@reneromann  schrieb:

No - cable internet connections are bound to the Router, not to the outlet.

So if you return the router of your contract, nobody else will be able to use that contract.

The people moving in after you've left will be able to get their own cable contract and thus their own router&connection.

What if I let the new tenant use the router for 3 months? Or do I have to return it when that 3-month period starts? I guess no, otherwise why not just take 3*monthly fee and let me go?

As the contract will still be valid, I (or someone else) should be able to use the service, right?

Thank you for your help!

Nancy
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello nakroz,

you must return your router at the end of the contract. If you want to give it to someone else during the 3 months, this is your decision. However, keep in mind that you are our contractual partner and you will be charged for any costs incurred.

Best regards

Nancy

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!