abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Contract Termination automatically if new tenant gets new connection in same address
H_MK
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Dear Team,

I got the connection from MediaMarkt and I had to move out of the house so I informed them about the new tenant and they made a new contract for the new tenant from October 1st.  Also, they told me my contract will be canceled/terminated automatically and also informed one address one connection is possible. Based on that I have sent the router to Vodafone on Monday 4th October 2021. 
Today October 8th, 2021 I got a message from the Vodafone team saying the device is received by the team.
But I also see for October month I have been charged from Vodafone. which means my contract was not terminated?

Please provide me with some information on the same.

Best Regards,
HMK
1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Grit
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello H_MK,

it depends on whether the contract can be moved to the new address or not. If not, it depends on whether you order DSL or not. The relocation service will then tell you. We can only speculate here, which doesn't really help you.

Regards

Grit

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

11 Antworten 11
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

In accordance to the telecommunications law, you have to pay for another 3 months after you move to an address where the contractual agreed services cannot be granted but you need to cancel prematurely.

Lars
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hi HMK,

did you report your move through the moving service? The contract of the new tenants has nothing to do with your contract. You are and remain the contractual partner of the valid contract.

Best regards

Lars

H_MK
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi Lars,

Yes, I can understand but since I have moved to a new house and I have sent the router to the Vodafone team. Can it be considered an automatic cancellation? 

if it's not the case then now I need to cancel and follow the regulation you mentioned. Can you help me on this ?

@H_MK  schrieb:

Yes, I can understand but since I have moved to a new house and I have sent the router to the Vodafone team. Can it be considered an automatic cancellation? 

No - there is no "automatic cancellation". A cancellation needs to be expressed explicitly in written form - as stated in your contract details.

And the next thing is that the contract will move to your new location in case it can be fullfilled there as contractually agreed upon. There is no automatic right to premature cancel if you move - this right only applies if the contractually agreed service cannot be granted at the new address.

Thanks for the information. 

So I need to send a letter about the termination and then it will be initiated? 

H_MK
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

As per my contract, I took the Kabel connection in my old house but in the new house, I don't have the kabel connection instead I have DSL. Which means the moving service is not possible in this scenario right?

Nancy

Hello ContractCancel1,

please use our moving service. We will then check for you whether we can continue to supply you at your new address. If this is not possible, your contract will be terminated with 3 months' notice in accordance with the Telecommunications Act.

The new tenant can conclude a new contract independently of this.

Best regards

Nancy

H_MK
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi @Nancy ,

Thanks for the update.

Yes, I updated the address in the moving service and also sent my new address proof to Vodafone Deutschland GmbH Kundenservice 99116 Erfurt. 

Note: When I updated my new address, I saw my new address has only a DSL connection. 

Also for October month, money is already debited how this will be handled if 3 month's notice period?

Best Regards,

HMK

Grit

Hello H_MK,

it depends on whether the contract can be moved to the new address or not. If not, it depends on whether you order DSL or not. The relocation service will then tell you. We can only speculate here, which doesn't really help you.

Regards

Grit