abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

bad connection Arris cable router TG3442DE
RFlemming
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Dear all,

I have signed a contract with Vodafone for the product "RED Internet und Phone 1000 Cable" in March this year.

Since day one I am facing internet disruptions, no matter how I am connected: via cable or wifi.

In April I have exchanged few emails with Vodafone and no success. Today I tried contact via phone call and whatsApp. The communication via these channels in English seems to be impossible. At the end they recommended me to use this forum. 

In some weeks it happens more than once to have the red light displayed in the router and the connection is gone.

I work from home and require good quality of service to be able to attend virtual meetings and it's been painful and frustrating to keep this contract. Previously I had a contract with another provider of only 16 Mb and the service was thousand times better.

Based on what I have read in this forum, several users are facing similar issues: The "promised" 1000 Mb seems unreal and hard to believe. No matter how you are connected you can't get even close to that.

Note that my connection has been tested with several equipment: Apple devices (iPhones, Macbook, Macintosh), Dell notebook, Samsung TV, Playstation 4, Phillips Hue bridge.  Connection breaks with all of them. 

Used browsers: Chrome (DELL laptop) and Safari (Apple devices).

Every business call I attend I miss something or someone can't follow what I am saying because my connection is poor and breaks my voice. Everytime I watch streaming tv (Waipu) I have disruptions. Therefore, I would like to fix this as soon as possible.

I only use the cables provided by Vodafone, so I assume the problem is related to the router. Can you please send me a new router for free to test if the connectivity will finally work as expected?

Thanks, 

Rafael

14 Antworten 14
pRo-Marco
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi Rafael,

thanks for the error description. I'd be happy to check the connection. We will find a solution. Please send me your name, address and customer number by PN. Please also let me know here if you have sent the message.

Kind regards

Marco

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

message sent @pRo-Marco 

Martin59
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hello RFlemming,

I've already looked at the readings. In general, there is no interference on the line that could cause the aborts.

What do the readings look like in a transport test. Do the upload and download speeds match?

When did you notice the last abort?

Best regards, Martin.

Hi @Martin59,

Abortions happen a few times a week. There are weeks that occur daily.

Luckily today i didn't notice so far.

Find attached the recent readings.

Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 16.43.33.png

Wallace

Hi Rafael,

can you please trigger a factory reset via the router user interface?

Regards

Wallace

Hi @Wallace @Martin59 @pRo-Marco ,

after reseting the router to the factory settings, the upload increased significantly but the download decreased pretty bad from time to time. Find attached the evidences.

What can we do?

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 21.54.07.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-10 at 21.13.57.jpgScreen Shot 2020-07-10 at 21.15.48.jpg

in addition, my connection was super slow this afternoon and my devices (laptop and iPhone) were dropped out of wifi connection automatically. 

Here is the recent reading:

Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 17.49.15.png

This is not good.

I'm looking forward to immediate solution. 

Best,

Rafael

Moni_GK
Administrator:in
Administrator:in

Hello RFlemming,

the line looks good. Which LAN port is the PC connected to? I see only 2 devices connected, which do not exceed 100 Mbit.

Best regards

Moni

Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

@Moni_GK ,

thanks for your message. If you say that the line looks good, what is the explanation for the daily interruptions? Every new message in this forum feels like we are running in circles and I just hope every new moderator is reading all historic.

Can Vodafone send a technician in-loco or a new router for free? What explain the low download speeds that I've attached as evidences? 

To answer your question: PCs are connected via Wifi. TV and Philips-hue via cable.  Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 11.54.13.png

thanks,

Rafael