abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Wifi & LAN connection doesnot work every 30 minutes or so.
kandelvijaya
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

TLDR: No reliable internet connection for over 30 mins anytime. Had to constantly restart the router.

Situation:

I turn on the router, connect via LAN. I have internet connection for around 30 mins or so and then the connection goes off.  I am in middle of meetings, work, video conferencing or watching; I get super mad, swear few times. I look at the router lights, all lights are ON; as it would when the internet connection is fine. This is of course not true. 

I dont know what to do, If i had German language command I would definately be yelling and shouting at customer service demanding some action, unfortunately I can only speak English. The customer support line has a robot asking for something in German. I tried. Cant get past it. 

Not knowing what else to do. I turn off the router and turn back in. Wait few minutes for it to connect and all lights ON. Use it for another 30 mins and the cycle repeats.

Imagine working as Engineering Manager under this ***ty internet connection. God help me.

I dont want to use Vodafone. I am paying 52 Euros or something for 500 MB/s while the connection is not stable. I often have to use Mobile data to work and this month I already paid around 40 Euros for Mobile data becasue Vodafone internet just drops when i am in meeting. Can i get that refund?

In the short term (few weeks maybe), how do i fix it?

As i said before, its too much. I cant work with this unreliable connection. I want to terminate my contract right now.  Its better I buy unlimated mobile data and work. Please note, I filed similar issue last time, I got a new router and it was okay for few months (with slow connection) but now these past month its horrible. Cant do this anymore.

Cheers!

EDIT: Its 30 mins and LAN stopped working. Wifi on Mac does work. Strange. The status is as follow:
CleanShot 2021-05-14 at 15.07.56@2x.jpg

10 Antworten 10
kandelvijaya
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

And now the wifi is connected (at least thats the status on both mac and ps4) but there is no internet. Im now using mobile data on phone to compose this message.

I cant also connect to 192.168.0.1 to check status. The only option left is to restart.

Oh dear.

EDIT: I restarted the router.

Martin59
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hello kandelvijaya,

we will be happy to take a look at it. Please send me the name of the contract holder, date of birth, full address and customer number via PN.  

After that, please leave a short feedback here.

Best regards, Martin

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hello kandelvijaya,

would a free router exchange be ok for you?

Greetings Moni

Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

Good morning Moni,

would a free router exchange be ok for you?

==> No, it wont work. In fact I had it exchanged some time back, it didn't help.

Cheers!

This is getting insane. (1) Please terminate my contract ASAP. (2) How do i ask for refund for all the mobile data i had to use to get my work done in the absence of internet?
IMG_0935.jpgIMG_B0C4388CA302-1-min.jpg

Wallace
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi,

we currently have a disruptor on our upstreams that is causing some problems. I have arranged for the interference to be removed.

Regards

Wallace

Hi there Wallace,

Can you share some more on what this disrupter is? How frequently it disrupts?

In any case, I have lost trust in the Vodafone internet to work when i need it, at least in my area.

1. My wife called the vodafone service and they mentioned that the kable line is not working in my area. She even suggested switching back to DSL. That is not a solution either.

2. I spoke to few neighbors in my building who expressed the same sentiment and moved to different providers.

As I said before, I have spent tons of energy, time and money trying to get a stable internet connection which I didn't get. Any short term workaround is not going to help neither solve it.

Its best if I terminate the contract. I will spend the same money on mobile data which is reliable.

I'm sorry to be upfront but I hope you feel my pain of restarting router every 30 mins while I have a team meeting.

Jana478
Administrator:in
Administrator:in

Hello kandelvijaya,

Here there is a return path interferer in the connection area that massively affects the line. This can be a defective customer device, a broken house installation or a distributor. The containment and interference suppression is in progress.

The fault clearance can sometimes take a while, as a return path interferer is often not always active.

Many greetings

Jana

Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

Thank you for the technical detail of why its broken, although it matter less to me.

Please understand that my working life suffers because of whatever is broken. Last week I had to take 3 times 5GB mobile data volumes each costing 17.5 Euro form Telekom becuase Vodafone internet doesnot work.

As i said before, I want to terminate this non working internet contract ASAP. When I can get termination confirmation? 

Cheers!