abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

WiFi doesn't work on my newly arrived Vodafone router
ARnikev
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi!

I've just recieived my TG3442DE Vodafone router (cabel internet) and i'm struggling with it's WiFi configuration.

I did everything according to manual that comes with the router:

1) I've plugged it to the cabel socket;

2) I waited until Internet and Phone lights are stabilized.

What i have: LAN interet is working and i can access router admin page. But WiFi light is off and my WiFi network is not visible for any devices. Moreover, on router admin web page there is no such tab as WLAN or WiFi at all. I wanted to try to enable WiFi manually in admin web page, but it's simply not possible, because there is no such setting.

Could you help me please with this problem?

6 Antworten 6
Owlmirror
Netz-Profi
Netz-Profi

First thing that comes to mind is that WLAN access isn't free for all Vodafone cable Internet tariffs. It's an add-on service for several packages. Maybe tell a bit about which package you have chosen.

Hm, didn't know that.

Sure i can provide you this information, my tarrif package is "Red Internet & Phone 1000 Cable".

https://www.vodafone.de/media/downloads/pdf/Red-IundP-Cable-1000-Sep-2018.pdf

is 69,99 EUR per month with standard cable router

and 72,98 EUR per month with WLAN cable router.

Here's the page covering the WLAN addon subscription:

https://kabel.vodafone.de/tarife/internet_und_telefon/zusatzoptionen?icmp=csc:WLAN_uebersicht_btn

If you log in at the Vodafone customer portal "MeinKabel", you can examine your tariff details with regard to the optional WLAN access.

Thanks for your answer!

Yes, it seems like my tariff is 69,99 EUR and i have to unlock this WiFi function on my router, which by the way already supports WiFi, it looks like a joke).

Moni_GK
Administrator:in
Administrator:in

Hello ARnikev,

not all contracts include WLAN. Usually you have to book it in addition. Just have a look at your order confirmation.

If not, you can book it in the customer portal. The costs are 2,99 Euro per month.

Best regards

Moni

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

A possible alternative would be to buy a cheap WiFi router to connect to another LAN Port of the Cable Router and get WiFi capability from this add-on router. This will probably not work with all add-on routers but my TP-Link TL-WR841N, priced at under 20 Euros, does the job perfectly. So, for the price of 6 months of WiFi from your cable router you can get WiFi permanently. I don't know if cascading two routers affects performance but I need WiFi only for my cell phone while my PC uses a LAN cable to the cable router, so this solution is fine for me.