Meintest du 

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

What is going on with the internet in this area? 10117
Mvv
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

It seems that the internet from Vodafone has a complete will of its own. Every second day there is a connection failure or a total blackout…

Today again, in the middle of the day in the middle of a business call. This is completely unacceptable! I am currently paying over 50 bucks for a connection that is slower and more unstable than my phone connection which costs me less than half the price.

For the last 1.5 years, I have been calling and trying to get a solution, but I still get no help whatsoever. Every single time I hear the same: This is an issue we know about, next week/month/quarter/year it should be better. So if this is an issue you are aware of, how the hell have you been (and still are) charging me the full subscription for a product that you cannot deliver?!

Several people in my building have the exact same problem, but nothing has been done so far to fix any of it.
29 Antworten 29
Mvv
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Moni,

Apparently the line always looks good, nevertheless, I am without connection every other day.

Either the router cannot find a signal, or the signal is too low to actually work with. 

Besides, I don't think the upload is "only" low. I should have a download speed of 200mbps, but I barely reach 25% of that... besides that, I find it truly rediculous that often I don't even reach 10% of the upload speed that I am paying for.
Just imagine for a second; if you go to a bakery, you order and pay a full cake and a full sandwich. But instead, you get only 1/4th of the cake, and maybe 1/10th of the sandwich, nevertheless you have to pay for the full thing, and when you say something about it, the bakery tells you: "Well, from my point of view, everything seems alright".
And this is happening for over 1,5 years now...

Yeah, that is the issue, we can't switch. Vodafone has a local monopoly here. I spoke with the building administration (BUWOG), too and suggested the same. They are making up excuses, too. 

Compensation, well, we still pay 50% for a smaller fraction of their service. So still too much, as I have to pay for a LTE contract on top, to have at least some sort of reliable service.

Vodafone is clueless about their infrastructure. When people ask me which provider to choose, I tell them: "Avoid Vodafone at all cost.". The support team is a prisoner of their system. Tickets get closed without the issue being solved. The tickets have no proper description either. So when issues overlap, which they do, you don't know, what was solved. Estimations are off by years! In all areas, just a horrible experience. 

I wish you also good luck! After over three years I have doubt, that it ever will be solved. Greetings from K27

Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Mvv,

there was a high net utilisation till the beginning of the month which had an impact on the download speed. Until friday there was a disturbance in the return path which causes trouble with the upload and disconnects. There are also fault rates on your modem that occured this night for the last time. When was the last disconnect? Additionally, the utilisation from the upload channels is high at the moment, which is targeted with another central work order. I made a task for you so you will be informed when the utilisation is lowered.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Mvv
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Claudia,

I don't understand how on Friday I get the message that "the line looks good." and now the line hasn't been good since the beginning of the month?

The last disconnect was last Saturday. 

Great that it seems something is being done, and that you made a work order for it. But as SL83 puts it as well, this has been going on for 3 years. What is the guarantee that something will change this time? Secondly, I've heard too often this will be solved in 1 week, month, quarter etc.etc. what time can I expect this to be solved? and lastly, what is going to be the solution until the problem is solved? 

Kind regards,

Claudia

Hello Mvv,

as you see we cannot give end dates that are 100 per cent certain. All we get are plan dates that might change, unfortunately mostly for the worse if parts are missing or for other reasons of delays. The current plan date for the upstream utilisation is at the end of the year. We can offer to give you a refund until then.

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Mvv
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Claudia,

I was expecting that the refund would be in place automatically. Disappointingly I was charged fully over the last two months.

Could you make sure that this is fixed, as the internet is still not up to standards?

Kind regards,

Mvv

pRo-Marco

Hi Mvv,

I gave a credit over 50% of the basic-costs for internet&telefone for August till October.

Kind regards

Marco

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
Mvv
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Vodafone, 

You did great, it seemed like I had workable internet during the last month of 2020. Unfortunately, since January 2021, it has been a downward spiral again. 

For the majority of January I had connection issues and last week I had unusable internet from Monday till Friday. This week the connection has been too poor, therefore I'm again forced to either go to the office, or not work at all...

Can there please be a sustainable solution for once?! Only this thread has already been going on for half a year and I have to keep coming back because the internet isn't performing....

Kind regards,

Martin59
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hello Mvv,

the upload load disruption order is still open and in process.

Unfortunately, it is not yet known when the expansion measures can be completed.

Best regards, Martin

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
Mvv
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Martin, 

So, no solution? Absolutely nothing at all?

Just to recap, I've been pointing out this problem for over 2 years now... 2 years of no real solutions, every time "we're working on it but we don't know when it will be done" or, "we're working on it, it will be done in the next week/month/Q" with absolutelty no progess, 2 years of having to call on a regular basis because my internet drops again in the middle of a work related meeting... 2 years of incredible frustration of myself and my neighbours, and all I get as an answer now is again... "We're working on it, don't know when it will be done"....

This is absolutely ridiculous... 

If you know this is a problem for over 2 years now, I expect some more pro-active problem solving instead of not giving any form of a solution...