abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

What is going on with the internet in this area? 10117
Mvv
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

It seems that the internet from Vodafone has a complete will of its own. Every second day there is a connection failure or a total blackout…

Today again, in the middle of the day in the middle of a business call. This is completely unacceptable! I am currently paying over 50 bucks for a connection that is slower and more unstable than my phone connection which costs me less than half the price.

For the last 1.5 years, I have been calling and trying to get a solution, but I still get no help whatsoever. Every single time I hear the same: This is an issue we know about, next week/month/quarter/year it should be better. So if this is an issue you are aware of, how the hell have you been (and still are) charging me the full subscription for a product that you cannot deliver?!

Several people in my building have the exact same problem, but nothing has been done so far to fix any of it.
29 Antworten 29
Tobias
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey,

I'd be happy to take a look at the connection 🙂 Do you send me your customer data (customer number, name, address and date of birth of the contract holder) via private message?

Then please let me know in the post when you have sent me the data.

Regards

Tobias

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Mvv
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Dear Tobias,

Thank you for your response.
I have sent the details in a private message.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Wallace

Hi Mvv,

the line looks excellent, except for an excessive workload in the evening. Is the bandwidth just too low or are there any terminations?

Regards

Wallace

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
Mvv
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Wallace,

Thank you for your response.

I am not sure what the problem is. But I've lost connection again for the last hour, now that the internet is back on, I have a download speed of 58 and an upload speed of 2.88.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Hello Mvv,

did the disconnect happen with a WiFi connection or was the ethernet connection affected as well? Did the modem reboot, could you reach the GUI? Were you connected via ethernet when you made the last speed test?

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Mvv
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Claudia,

Both the Wifi and the Ethernet are affected every time the connection is lost. Restarting the modem doesn't have any positive results either. 

The last speed test was made over wifi, however, even with ethernet, the same speeds are registered. E.g. I just did a speed test over ethernet, and a download speed of 40mbps and an upload speed of 0.01mbps were recorded.

I don't know why, but every couple of hours the internet is gone. If I'd comment for every single time the internet is gone for half an hour or longer I would be writing several posts a week or even a day.

You are in the same ZIP code that I live in, maybe also in Markgrafenkarree Krausenkiez. We are having issues for the last three years since we moved into this Vodafone-only place. Vodafone was not able to fix this instead using a salami tactic (will be fixed at the end of this month..., a couple of month, then a year...). that was in 2017, up to today their service is not working reliable.

right now, we experience packet loses, low bandwidth especially in the upload. it feels it has gotten worse over the last few weeks.

if you have the option to move away from Vodafone do it and don't waste your energy on this company like I did.

Reference: 

https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/Archiv-St%C3%B6rungsmeldungen/10117-Berlin-Download-und-auch-Upload-seh...

https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/St%C3%B6rungsmeldungen-Internet-TV/10117-Berlin-Mitte-St%C3%B6rung-Tick...

Moni_GK
Administrator:in
Administrator:in

Hello Mvv,

the line looks good. How does the router behave if the connection is lost?

Does the connection then go completely down or is "only" the upload very low?

Greetings Moni

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!
Mvv
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi sl83,

Thank you for your reaction.
I do live indeed in the Markgrafenkarree Krausenkiez and experienced exactly the same issues for almost 2 years now. If I could I would switch directly, I have been in touch with the "house management" to see if we could get extra service provider options.

I find it outrageous that Vodafone straight-up lies about the strength of their service, and about the duration of when the solution will be present.

I'm sorry that you have the same problems, but I hope that vodafone came at least through with some sort of compensation.