abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

WLAN router problem
ggrecow
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Dear Vodafone technical support team,

I have kabel anschluss internet for 1 month and since the first day I had problems with my router.

Only some of my devices can find the WLAN SSID to connect and this is a big problem! After many investigations, I found that the problem is because the router is not transmitting any 2.4 GHZ signals, only in 5 GHZ. That's why only some of my devices can find my WLAN.

I accessed the router configurations (through 192.168.0.1) using a browser, and did three things to verify that:

1) in WLAN, I turned on both 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz WiFi and configured that the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz should appear as separate networks and with different names. Only the name corresponding to the 5 GHZ transmission network was appearing in my devices;

2) I turned off the 5 GHZ network and leave it turned on only the 2.4 GHZ option. Nothing appears in any of my devices! Thus, I had to reset the router configurations so I could again have internet.

3) I plugged an external 2.4 GHz router in my vodafone router with a network cable and then the devices can connect to a 2.4 GHz network.

After these three tests, I can come to the conclusion that the router provided by vodafone is not working properly. I could buy a 2.4GHz router to solve this problem but this is not ideal since I am already paying monthly for the vodafone router.

Besides this problem, the internet connection resets  (turns automatically  off/on) all the time while I am using it. This happens several times during the day, but this most likely happen when I am doing webconferences. Nevertheless, the weconfs are not really much demanding (not more than 5 people) and in my opinion this should not happen with a 100 Mbps connection. Speed test shows that the delivered connection is ok though for both download and upload,.

I have tried out to contact the technical support via 0800 5266625 (08.05.2020 - 1:21PM) and the attended was extremely disrespectful because I don't speak very good German. I tried another time and the attended directed me to this forum.

I hope I can solve this problem somehow via this forum. Because I am feeling very helpless now if I would have to use the technical support via phone again and would rather cancel my contract.

Sincerely,

Gil .

11 Antworten 11

Dear Vodafone team,

I have received today the new router and the problem was solved. Therefore, the problem with the 2.4 GHz SSID was solely due to a defect router.

Another thing I've noticed is that when I access the router configurations via 192.168.0.1, it was extremely slow to change any settings. With the new router, that's not the case at all!!! The difference is very noticeable!

Many thanks for your help!

Kind regards,

Gil Greco.

Tobias
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey,

thank you for your feedback, im gonna close this thread then 🙂

Regards

Tobias

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!