abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

WLAN router problem
ggrecow
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Dear Vodafone technical support team,

I have kabel anschluss internet for 1 month and since the first day I had problems with my router.

Only some of my devices can find the WLAN SSID to connect and this is a big problem! After many investigations, I found that the problem is because the router is not transmitting any 2.4 GHZ signals, only in 5 GHZ. That's why only some of my devices can find my WLAN.

I accessed the router configurations (through 192.168.0.1) using a browser, and did three things to verify that:

1) in WLAN, I turned on both 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz WiFi and configured that the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz should appear as separate networks and with different names. Only the name corresponding to the 5 GHZ transmission network was appearing in my devices;

2) I turned off the 5 GHZ network and leave it turned on only the 2.4 GHZ option. Nothing appears in any of my devices! Thus, I had to reset the router configurations so I could again have internet.

3) I plugged an external 2.4 GHz router in my vodafone router with a network cable and then the devices can connect to a 2.4 GHz network.

After these three tests, I can come to the conclusion that the router provided by vodafone is not working properly. I could buy a 2.4GHz router to solve this problem but this is not ideal since I am already paying monthly for the vodafone router.

Besides this problem, the internet connection resets  (turns automatically  off/on) all the time while I am using it. This happens several times during the day, but this most likely happen when I am doing webconferences. Nevertheless, the weconfs are not really much demanding (not more than 5 people) and in my opinion this should not happen with a 100 Mbps connection. Speed test shows that the delivered connection is ok though for both download and upload,.

I have tried out to contact the technical support via 0800 5266625 (08.05.2020 - 1:21PM) and the attended was extremely disrespectful because I don't speak very good German. I tried another time and the attended directed me to this forum.

I hope I can solve this problem somehow via this forum. Because I am feeling very helpless now if I would have to use the technical support via phone again and would rather cancel my contract.

Sincerely,

Gil .

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Moni_GK
Administrator:in

Hello ggrecow,

the exchange has been arranged. The new router will be sent by mail within the next days. As soon as it is there, please send us the old device back free of charge.

Best regards

Moni

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

11 Antworten 11
Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello ggrecow,

I'm sorry the colleagues on the phone were rude to you, that shouldn't happen. Do all devices have trouble with the SSID of the 2.4 GHz WiFi? Do they have a Realtek WiFi chip? What router do you use? Which federal state do you live in?

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi Claudia,

Answering your questions:

- Naturally, only the devices that don't have a 5 GHz compatible receiver have the problem. They are mainly a smartphone, a Samsung tablet and a notebook and no, they are not that Old.

- Do they have a Realtek WiFi chip? I don't think so.

- What router do you use? A Vodaphone Station was provided to me by Vodaphone (https://kabel.vodafone.de/hilfe_und_service/geraete/wlan_kabelrouter)

- Which federal state do you live in? I live in 38106 Braunschweig, Niedersachsen.

Many thanks for you kind and fast reply. I hope we can solver this.

Kind Regards, Gil.

Manu

Hi ggrecow,

please send me your name, address, date of birth and customer number in a PM, then I will have a look at the router. Maybe there's something wrong with the device.

Let me know back here when the message is sent.

Best Regardws, Manu

ggrecow
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi Manu,

Many thanks for your assistance as the problem persists.

I just sent you the requested data by PM.

Kind regards,

Gil Greco.

Manu

Hi ggrecow,

thanks for the data. I checked the router, everything looks fine. Only one thing I noticed, both WiFi networks have the same name.

Can you please change that and then test it again?

If it doesn't work then we'll replace the router.

Best Regards, Manu

ggrecow
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hallo Manu,

Many thanks for checking this out.

I just changed the names and checked it and no 2.4 GHz appears in any devices, only the 5GHz SSID appears (only for those devices with compatible hardware).

That's why I am pretty sure the router have some hardware problem to trasmit the 2.4 GHz signals.

Many thanks and have a nice week 🙂

Kind regards, Gil.

Wallace

Hi Gil,

Is it okay if I change the router?

Regards

Wallace

Dear Wallace.

Of course it is ok if you change de router. That was the solution I was seeking since the beginning since I was pretty sure that the router was not working well. I just hope Vodafone don't charge me for that since this was not a problem created by me!

Kind regards, Gil Greco.

Moni_GK

Hello ggrecow,

the exchange has been arranged. The new router will be sent by mail within the next days. As soon as it is there, please send us the old device back free of charge.

Best regards

Moni

Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!