abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Vodafone Speedtest gives optimistic & imaginary results
QliverX
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello!

Unfortunately me and my neighbor above me have some connectivity issues today. I tried playing some games online tonight, but kept getting very high latencies and sometimes the connection would drop. My neighbor and I both have 200 MBit Kabel Red Internet. However, we are only getting around 3-4 Mbit/s.

A thing that puzzles me, is that the Vodafone Speedtest takes the measurement results completely out of the blue. According to this test, I have even more than I am paying for (see image below). The Ookla speedtest (www.speedtest.net) gives completely different values, which in my opinion seem more realistic and more in line with how well our Internet is working tonight. I tested with Vodafone's server in Frankfurt, and another one where I live, Berlin.  I tried on a Windows 10 machine (directly connected to my modem through Ethernet), and my smartphone over WLAN. Even Vodafone's SpeedCheck gives me values that match the Ookla test.

The Vodafone Speedtest tells me that I have excellent values, and should thus be satisfied. I think this is not an OK way to treat customers. If I didn't know better, I would probably believe in this and assume the problem lies somewhere else. What is the reason for this discrepancy?

Speedtest VodafoneSpeedtest Vodafone

Speedtest OoklaSpeedtest Ookla

SpeedCheck VodafoneSpeedCheck Vodafone

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen

Hello and thank you for the reply,

I tried each test several times in different orders, and they were consistently giving the same results (that is, not changing between the measurements, as seen in the screenshots). So I don't think that would be very likely. I also tested different servers for Speedtest.net. Anyway, it seems the issue was solved because my speed is back to normal, thanks!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

2 Antworten 2
Martin59
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hello, QliverX,

the different measurement results can have different causes. Maybe your connection was working well at that time and only broke down again afterwards. Maybe one or the other speed test was simply overloaded and therefore showed wrong values.

Unfortunately we will not be able to find out.

How does your connection currently work? Does the booked bandwidth arrive or not? Are there still interruptions?

Best regards, Martin

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hello and thank you for the reply,

I tried each test several times in different orders, and they were consistently giving the same results (that is, not changing between the measurements, as seen in the screenshots). So I don't think that would be very likely. I also tested different servers for Speedtest.net. Anyway, it seems the issue was solved because my speed is back to normal, thanks!