Störungsmeldungen Internet, TV & Telefon Kabel

Vodafone: Pay for up-to 200 MBit internet speed but get up-to 2 MBit
Smart-Analyzer

I do not expect to get 200 Mbps straight but I would be happy with 50 Mbps.

I took some reading today (Sunday), check out the attached image.
At 8:51 in the morning it is 0.82 Mbit. The entire day was below 1 MBit.

I would be happy if someone can check my internet setup, because I tried everything I could but I could not solve the issue.

Mehr anzeigen
Moderatorin

Hello MustafaMutlu,

do you have another device you can test the speed with or know somebody that can check your PC? The problem more or less is, that we are only responsible for the net up to the antenna socket, so if we send a technician to check the line and he finds the low speed is caused by your device he may charge the service fee, which is 99.50€. So you should be sure that everything is alright within you home net.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Alles Easy How To Hilfe !
Mehr anzeigen
Smart-Analyzer

Hello,

I checked my connection again, restarting the router, disabling the other connected devices and using ethernet cable. To be honest I don't think it's caused by the devices/computers I use or the way I test. Over the couple of months I've tried many things, including resetting my router to factory settings and setting it up again. But I could not solved it.

I just talked with another neighbor downstairs. She was kind enough to show the setup (they are also on Vodafone) and their setup is very similar to mine, except they have a different model of router. But they can again watch videos on Netflix and YouTube where in my flat I cannot open webpages.

To sum up, please send someone.
But let's agree that 5 MBit of internet is not enough to say "you have internet, there is no issue". In my case, it's never more than 10 MBit, rarely in between 2 to 10 MBit and most likely less than 2 MBit.
Also it would be great if the person can speak English.

Thank you,
Mustafa.

(...also if we find that the issue is because of something else that Vodafone is responsible for, can I charge you annoyance fee?..)

Mehr anzeigen

Hello, MustafaMutlu,

according to AGB at least 120 MBit/s must arrive for the contract to be fulfilled. However, we cannot guarantee this, because the utilization in your area is very high. It starts already 8 o'clock in the morning. And even in the evening very bad. The technician cannot solve this.

Best regards Fred

Zeigt, welche Beiträge Ihr cool findet – klickt auf „Gefällt mir“!

Öffentliche Lösungen helfen allen – schreibt uns daher bitte einen Beitrag statt einer unaufgeforderten PN.
Private Daten erfragen wir bei Bedarf.

Mehr anzeigen
Smart-Analyzer

Do you have a suggestion or solution for this issue then? Other  than waiting for Vodafone to lay cables for faster internet. 

For example, can  switching to DSL (if you provide my buildin) would help this?

Mehr anzeigen
Moderatorin

Hi MustafaMutlu,

if DSL is not available, then of course you cannot change. You only have to wait until the fault has been cleared.

Best Regards, Manu

Zeigt, welche Beiträge Ihr cool findet – klickt auf „Gefällt mir“!

Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet. Bitte erstellt einen Thread, wenn Ihr Hilfe benötigt. Wir kümmern uns darum.

Mehr anzeigen