Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Vodafone: Pay for up-to 200 MBit internet speed but get up-to 2 MBit
MustafaMutlu
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,

I started using Vodafone Kabel since February 2019.

I subscribed to 200 MBit Kabel package.

But from the beginning there was a slow connection and it was never more than 10 MBit of download.

So I complained and they created a ticket at 01.03.2019 21:49 clock

One month passed, no change.

I complained again and they created another ticket at 06.04.2019 16:58 clock.

I complained on Twitter.

I complained on Messager to a customer support agent.

Still no change.

So it has been 3 months since I mentioned about the issue...

A couple of days ago I reset my router and set it to factory settings and set it up again.
Still no change in the speed.

Today somehow my internet speed got even slower and it is now around 0.01 MBit. Webpages are not loading or taking a couple of minutes to load. It's clear that I have more than a slow connection issue, connection is failing entirely. Yet Vodafone has not done anything to fix it. I was expecting them to send a technician to my house to check what is going on.

So now I am trying this forum to get help. 

Do you know how can I get this fixed?

Seems like no one from Vodafone cares...

Thank you,

Mustafa.

17 Antworten 17

I do not expect to get 200 Mbps straight but I would be happy with 50 Mbps.

I took some reading today (Sunday), check out the attached image.
At 8:51 in the morning it is 0.82 Mbit. The entire day was below 1 MBit.

I would be happy if someone can check my internet setup, because I tried everything I could but I could not solve the issue.

Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello MustafaMutlu,

do you have another device you can test the speed with or know somebody that can check your PC? The problem more or less is, that we are only responsible for the net up to the antenna socket, so if we send a technician to check the line and he finds the low speed is caused by your device he may charge the service fee, which is 99.50€. So you should be sure that everything is alright within you home net.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hello,

I checked my connection again, restarting the router, disabling the other connected devices and using ethernet cable. To be honest I don't think it's caused by the devices/computers I use or the way I test. Over the couple of months I've tried many things, including resetting my router to factory settings and setting it up again. But I could not solved it.

I just talked with another neighbor downstairs. She was kind enough to show the setup (they are also on Vodafone) and their setup is very similar to mine, except they have a different model of router. But they can again watch videos on Netflix and YouTube where in my flat I cannot open webpages.

To sum up, please send someone.
But let's agree that 5 MBit of internet is not enough to say "you have internet, there is no issue". In my case, it's never more than 10 MBit, rarely in between 2 to 10 MBit and most likely less than 2 MBit.
Also it would be great if the person can speak English.

Thank you,
Mustafa.

(...also if we find that the issue is because of something else that Vodafone is responsible for, can I charge you annoyance fee?..)

ERFD

Hello, MustafaMutlu,

according to AGB at least 120 MBit/s must arrive for the contract to be fulfilled. However, we cannot guarantee this, because the utilization in your area is very high. It starts already 8 o'clock in the morning. And even in the evening very bad. The technician cannot solve this.

Best regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Do you have a suggestion or solution for this issue then? Other  than waiting for Vodafone to lay cables for faster internet. 

For example, can  switching to DSL (if you provide my buildin) would help this?

Manu

Hi MustafaMutlu,

if DSL is not available, then of course you cannot change. You only have to wait until the fault has been cleared.

Best Regards, Manu

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hello again,

With good news!

I was again very upset about this super slow speed issue and asked for help on Facebook and the support agent offered to send a technician to replace the router. 

Today, the technician replaced the router and the issue got resolved! I now have 200 MBit download speed (it varias of course but it's not important).

All along the issue was a router failure, not because of a mis-setup, not because of wifi channels, not because of using Wifi instead of LAN and not because of the peak times in Mitte.

I could arrange a technitian quickly (for one day after basically!) and he resolved the issue quickly however I think this solution could be offered much earlier from a support agent, considering how many times I've complained.

Thanks for the help.

And I cannot thank enough to the customer support agent and the technician who fixed this problem!

Mustafa.

Claudia

Hello MustafaMutlu,

it's nice to hear that your problem was fixed. I will close your thread now.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!