abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Vodafone: Pay for up-to 200 MBit internet speed but get up-to 2 MBit
MustafaMutlu
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,

I started using Vodafone Kabel since February 2019.

I subscribed to 200 MBit Kabel package.

But from the beginning there was a slow connection and it was never more than 10 MBit of download.

So I complained and they created a ticket at 01.03.2019 21:49 clock

One month passed, no change.

I complained again and they created another ticket at 06.04.2019 16:58 clock.

I complained on Twitter.

I complained on Messager to a customer support agent.

Still no change.

So it has been 3 months since I mentioned about the issue...

A couple of days ago I reset my router and set it to factory settings and set it up again.
Still no change in the speed.

Today somehow my internet speed got even slower and it is now around 0.01 MBit. Webpages are not loading or taking a couple of minutes to load. It's clear that I have more than a slow connection issue, connection is failing entirely. Yet Vodafone has not done anything to fix it. I was expecting them to send a technician to my house to check what is going on.

So now I am trying this forum to get help. 

Do you know how can I get this fixed?

Seems like no one from Vodafone cares...

Thank you,

Mustafa.

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen

Hello again,

With good news!

I was again very upset about this super slow speed issue and asked for help on Facebook and the support agent offered to send a technician to replace the router. 

Today, the technician replaced the router and the issue got resolved! I now have 200 MBit download speed (it varias of course but it's not important).

All along the issue was a router failure, not because of a mis-setup, not because of wifi channels, not because of using Wifi instead of LAN and not because of the peak times in Mitte.

I could arrange a technitian quickly (for one day after basically!) and he resolved the issue quickly however I think this solution could be offered much earlier from a support agent, considering how many times I've complained.

Thanks for the help.

And I cannot thank enough to the customer support agent and the technician who fixed this problem!

Mustafa.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

17 Antworten 17
Moni_GK
Administrator:in

Hello MustafaMutlu,

Have you already contacted us via Facebook and Twitter?

Please send me your customer data as PN  (name, address, customer number and date of birth). Please also send me your Facebook and Twitter usernames so that I can see what has already been done there.

Please contact me again when you have sent the data.

Best regards

Moni

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

Hello Moni,

I sent you the details.

I would be very happy if we can solve this.

Thanks,

Mustafa.

Moni_GK

Hello, MustafaMutlu,

the works are in full swing. Your colleagues on Facebook have already told you about this. Also we here in the forum have no other information for you.

Best regards

Moni

Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

Hello, it's me again still have the same issue about the internet.

I was using Vodafone Hotspot (its around 7-8 MBit/s so just slighty faster than my 1 Mbit internet) but ttoday it stopped working for my Macbook Pro. And no my Macbook Pro is not broken it works fine when I use my phone's hotspot.

So

1: Why my wifi is still slow? It has been months now and there is no change. I have to use the Hotspot (thankfully there is one near my flat) in order to connect to the internet.

2: Why the Vodafone Hotspot is now broken for my one of my users (that I was using on my Macbook) and working for other users on my phone on the same Vodafone Hotspot?

Seriously what the hell is going on? 

ERFD
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello, MustafaMutlu,

can you please choose a channel? Either Facebook or Community 😉

Are other devices at this hotspot affected as well?

Best regards Fred

I would continue talking on Facebook if you respond to my messages within 1 hour 😉

The agent stopped answering to me in the middle of our conversation..

For the internet issue

I also called the customer servive. On the phone she tested the connection, I restarted the router and did a speed test. Result was 0.4 Mbit download and 11 Mbit upload. Upload seems okay but download has a real issue. So she oppened an issue ticket.

Then I got a message this morning at 5 am, from the technical support. 

"Lieber Vodafone-Kunde, prñfen Sie bitte Kabel und Einstellungen Ihrer Geräte. Das Netz ist geprñft und in Ordnung. Ihr Ticket schlieüen wir. Ihr Vodafone-Team"

At 8 am I restarted the router again, did a test the result was 7 MBit/s, download 12 MBit/s upload which is nice to me (compared the reguler terrible 1 Mbit speed I usually get...,)

Then at 6:30 pm I did a test again, download 0.1 MBit/s, upload 4MBit/s. We went back 10 years ago, again.

I restarted the router again, did a test download 4 MBit, upload 6 MBit. 

I guess I need to restart every a couple of hours to get some internet..

For the hotspot issue

My phone is also connected to the Vodafone Hotspot and it works fine.

My computer works fine when I turn on the hotspot of my phone.

I created a username for Vodafone Hotspot and selected "my device can connect again". I use that user on my computer for a while now, didn't have this issue before. Then I gave the same username/pass to my friend for him to use it (because my own wifi is terrible, remember?). I think he also checked that "my device can connect again".

Now on my computer when I connect to Vodafone Hotspot the browser immediately shows an error ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED. It stopped showing me the login page of the Vodafone Hotspot and stopped serving internet to my computer.

I removed that user, created another one with same name, didn't work. Removed the user again created again but with different name, also didn't work.

I suspect Vodafone remembers my computer's MAC or something and bugs and stops serving. 

ERFD

Hello, MustafaMutlu,

your colleagues are not in live chat with you via Facebook. Only if nobody else writes with us. Therefore it comes to delays.

the restrictions in the download are caused by a too high load. According to current planning, the expansion should be completed in the first quarter of 2020. This means that we will not be able to change the technical situation until then. I am sorry.

Does the PC also have problems connecting to other spots?

Best regards Fred

Are you sure there is no other issue with my connection? 

For example do you also receive similar complaints from the same building? 

I talked with my neighbour a month ago or so about this situation (I have this issue since February) and he said they have an ok connection, it allows them to watch videos. Where in my flat (right in front of them and we both use Vodafone) I cannot even open web pages.

I think it might be specific to my flat, I would be happy if you can investigate a little bit more.

I have a Mac (not a PC) and I haven't tried with other Vodafone Hotspots (if that is what you mean by "other spots") but I am using the hotspot of my phone at home..

It works fine when my Mac is connected to my phone and my phone is connected to LTE.

It also works fine when my Mac is connected to my phone and my phone is connected to the Vodafone Hotspot Wifi...

If the situation stays like this, I think I had enough. The internet simply doesn't work. You really cannot do anything with 1 MBit of internet. You advertise up-to 200 MBit but in real world you only provide up to 5 Mbit which happens only in the morning. I get that "up-to" makes it a correct statement, but.... come on, seriously?...

ERFD

Hello, MustafaMutlu,

the restrictions in the connecting area are only in the evening. Do you get 200 MBit/s in the morning? Otherwise, a technician will have to check it out on site.

Please test the Mac at another Vodafone hotspot.

Best regards Fred