abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Vodafone Cablemax 1000 connection unstable and slow
jdospina
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi, sorry to post this in english but my german is not that great. I joined Vodafone a week and a half ago, the day I received the Kabelbox (Arris Touchstone TG3442DE) everything was working great, I was averaging speeds of 940Mbit/s through LAN. The second day however, the connection became slower and since that day it has never been stable or even as fast as it is supposed to be. I connect my computer to the modem through an ethernet cable, so at first I thought maybe the cat 5e cable the modem brings was just not good enough. I bought a cat 8 cable to see if things changed but no luck whatsoever, same slow speed of 250Mbit/s in average. The fastest it has ever gotten since the second day was around 500Mbit/s but never past that. I have tried testing speeds in the morning, noon, evenings but its always around 100-400 Mbit/s. When I use Vodafone's website to test my connection it says that Server - Modem speed is always around 1100 Mbit/s but then the output is always below 500Mbit/s

Speedtest vodafone.PNGAs you can see it is not working as it should. I have even tried testing at 3am, but its always the same result. I will attach the DOCSIS status since it might be useful to debug the problem. 

DOCSIS.PNG

Any help regarding the connection problems would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Juan

7 Antworten 7
jdospina
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer
  • Welchen Vertrag hast Du? (z.B. Internet + Telefon 100)
    Vodafone Cablemax 1000
  • Welches Modem/ Router nutzt Du? (z.B. Hitron)
    TG3442DE
  • Nutzt Du ein Leih-Gerät von uns oder hast Du ein eigenes Gerät?
    Leih-Gerät
  • Welcher Fehler tritt auf? (Geschwindigkeit zu gering; Packetloss) Schick dazu auch Screenshots von Speedtests (mit Datum und Uhrzeit) und Tracerts/ Pingplotter-Messungen bei Packetloss oder Ping-Problemen
    Geschwindigkeit zu gering
  • Wie ist Dein Endgerät mit dem Modem verbunden? (LAN; WLAN; zusätzlicher Router; PowerLAN)
    LAN, Cat8 Ethernet Kabel
  • Welchen Browser verwendest Du normalerweise? (z.B. Firefox)
    Chromium
  • Welches Betriebssystem hast Du auf Deinem Rechner? (z.B. Windows)
    Ubuntu auf meinem Arbeitslaptop, Windows auf meinem Personalcomputer und MacOS auf dem Computer meiner Freundin. Alle wurden mit LAN getestet.
  • Beginn und Zeitraum der Störung (z.B: seit Anfang April; nur am Abend)
    seit eine und halb Woche
  • In welchem Bundesland wohnst Du?
    München, 80335
jdospina
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Here is a history of my speedtests

speedtest.PNG

Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello jdospina,

there shouldn't be many other customers in the middle of the night, so I guess there is no high utilisation at that time. You already got a good speed with your device, but please check the TCP optimizer and the tipps in the thread Fit für Gigabit. If they don't help, please send me your customer number, the full address and the birth date of the contractual partner. Leave a short reply here after you sent the private message.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Sent you a pm

Claudia

Hello jdospina,

your upstream signal and several downstream signals look bad. Other modems in your building have a good signal, so please replace the coaxial cable as a first step. If that doesn't help, we will send you a technician. Can he make an appointment under ***954? He will need access to the house installation, which is usually located in the basement. Please also give me an information if there were any Covid-19 symptoms in your household.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Hi Claudia,

I did a speed test before and after changing the coaxial cable, however the speeds remained the same. Changing the coaxial cable didn't help at all. 

Screenshot from 2020-11-11 16-12-05.png

The first test you can see here was the one after connecting the new cable and all the rest were made using the cable provided by Vodafone with the router. All these tests were made while connected via ethernet cable.

I think the technician visit would be the best solution for this. No one at my household has had any Covid-19 symptoms. I am currently working from home so any day between Monday and Friday would be good for me, also any time of those days is ok for me. Would it be possible to just arrange the technician visit via email or is the call necessary?

Best,
Juan

Claudia

Hello Juan,

the technician doesn't make appointments via email so we can only offer the phone call. If they shall use a different number please send it in a private message and reply here again. Can you provide access to the house installation?

Kind regards,

Claudia