abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Very Slow Internet connection with 200Mbps
Bala_Grandhi
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

First of all, I'm sorry for not sending this message in German. Unfortunately, I don't speak German yet and in the process of learning the language.

I subscribed to Kabel Deutschland Internet 200 from March 2020 and it was working fine until the last 2 weeks. From a couple of weeks, my internet connection is very slow all the time. 

I ran several Vodafone speed tests through the last few days and I always get something below 10 Mbps, either through Cable (LAN) or Wi-Fi. Even outside peak times, it's always below that.

I followed all the troubleshooting tips on the website and none of them worked so far. So, I access the internet only one device most of the time which is my laptop Lenovo ThinkPad T570.

I'm sending one of the latest speed test results attached to this message.

If you have an idea of ​​what might be the problem and how I could solve this issue, I'd be very thankful. It is effecting my professional work too as you all know current scenario of working from home.

19 Antworten 19
Moni_GK
Administrator:in

Hello Bala_Grandhi,

do you measure the connection via LAN or WLAN?

I would be happy to take a look at the line. Please send me a PN with your customer data (name, address, customer number and date of birth).

Then please contact me again here when you have sent me the data.

Best regards

Moni

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

Hi Moni,
Thanks for the response. I have measured it previously using WLAN. Here I am attaching an image that was measured using LAN from a couple of online sources and different browsers too. My laptop is the only device connected to the network. There are no other devices connected. I have also sent you the info by private message that you have requested.

Moni_GK

Hello Bala_Grandhi,

the conduction levels look good. Do you measure via LAN directly at the router?

Can you please send the results of the speed test.

Best regards

Moni

Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

Hi Moni,

I am not sure what do you mean by measure via LAN directly at the router? Basically I am connecting the LAN wire from router to my Laptop and running the speed test. I am attaching the image of the same which I have done recently. Even on my phone when connected to WiFi then speed is very less, almost the same as in laptop. 

Is there a different way you are asking me to do?

Moni_GK

Hello Bala_Grandhi,

it was about whether you were measuring directly by cable. The connection looks good, I can't see anything there.

Did you ever reset the router to factory defaults?

Best regards

Moni

I have tried toggling the power couple of times but have never tried to reset the router to factory defaults. I can give it a try today evening and will update here.  

I have tried resetting the router. After resetting, I am still experiencing slower speeds but not often as before. So it reduced in the frequency but still, problem exists

ERFD
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Bala_Grandhi,

how exactly has the situation improved? What is currently arriving at your connection?

Best regards Fred

Hi,

Before it used to be around 2 Mbps most of the time. Now it is around 60 Mbps most of the time but 2mbps at peak times at the evening.