abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Verwenden Sie einen anderen Router + ein von VF bereitgestelltes Modem?
AlexSm
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hallo, Entschuldigung, mein Deutsch ist nicht gut (ich spreche jedoch fließend Englisch). Ich konnte keine konkrete Antwort darauf finden, obwohl ich, soweit ich sehen kann, nicht der einzige bin, der dieses Problem hat.

Ich habe eine 1000-Mbit/s-Verbindung (Fritz! Box 6591), aber dies wird erheblich verlangsamt, da ich 2 Router kaskadieren muss.

Ich brauche die Fritz! Box 6591 nicht, sie ist groß und sperrig. Ich benutze es nicht und habe einen eigenen Router, der 1000 Mbit/s perfekt verarbeiten kann (und viele weitere Funktionen).

Gibt es eine Möglichkeit, es durch ein Modem zu ersetzen oder in den Bridge-Modus zu schalten?

Dieses Video besagt, dass für Fritz! Box keine Möglichkeit besteht, daher gehe ich davon aus, dass nur eine Änderung die Lösung ist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbhc_D33pDE .

Ich denke nicht, dass Kunden gezwungen werden sollten, einen von der Firma bereitgestellten Router zu verwenden.

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen

There are 2 solutions that worked for me:

1. Setup the DHCP server only on Fritzbox. In this way you'll not have 2 NATs and the speed will be as expected.

2. Replace the Fritzbox with a modem that support DS-Lite.

Best,

Alex

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten 3
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

Two things:

First:

You are free to use an own cable router or cable modem that is directly connected to the cable network outlet - but it needs to meet the interface specification of the Vodafone network. This means for a Gigabit tariff plan, that your device needs to support both, the DOCSIS3.1 and the EuroDOCSIS3.0 standard.

From what I know, the only devices on the market right now that fullfill these requirements are the FritzBox 6591 and the FritzBox 6660. I'm not aware of any pure modems that fullfill the interface specifications.

Second:

Depending on your tariff, there might be the option to downgrade to a standard router that allows the bridge mode. But this really depends on your tariff and where you live.

In general: Even with a router cascade, you should be able to achieve quite high speeds. If you aren't, there is presumably some kind of issue with your configuration.

Wow! Thanks for the fast answer!

1. I will look into what other devices are available.

2. Before switching to a lower tarrif I would like to see if something can be improved.

I will double check the configuration and report back.

Thanks!

Alex

There are 2 solutions that worked for me:

1. Setup the DHCP server only on Fritzbox. In this way you'll not have 2 NATs and the speed will be as expected.

2. Replace the Fritzbox with a modem that support DS-Lite.

Best,

Alex