abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Steam throttling 10Mbps
JohnnyNice
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello

It seems that Vodafone intentionally throttles my connections to Steam downloads as well as to any VPN with L2TP, PPTP and OpenVPN to 10 Mbps. What's the point of having a 1-Gbit/s cable connection when what is most important to me is throttled to a ***ty speed? Please remove the throttling. Thank you very much.

Edit: Thread in passendes Board verschoben. Lars

3 Antworten 3
Moni_GK
Administrator:in
Administrator:in

Hello JohnnyNice,

we do not throttle speeds to providers. What does the speedtest say?

Greetings Moni

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

I see throttling whenever I try to download from Steam servers. No matter what server I choose, the connection will not go above 10Mbps. I do not care what speedtest.net says, because you are obviously throttling some port. Trying the same connection to steam servers using 4G Vodafone works fine at nearly 100Mbps, which means you are throttling, since even servers from other providers like Microsoft are working fine. The same problem happens when I connect to any VPN, even the one at work that has 1Tbps. So what the heck. Stop throttling me. Thanks.

Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello JohnnyNice,

please answer the questions from this thread: https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/St%C3%B6rungsmeldungen-Internet-TV/Kabel-Alles-rund-um-St%C3%B6rungsmel...

Regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!