abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Speed drops significantly in the evenings
antonkoh
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer

Hello,

I am having problems with internet connection every evening.

During the afternoon the speed reaches 100Mbps for the contract conditions easily.

During the evenings I barely get 6Mbps.

My customer number is 33*******.

Are there any works going on to fix this?

Anton

Edit: please do not post personal information publicly

29 Antworten 29
antonkoh
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer
Hi Thomas, thank you for the information.
Can we proceed the following way?

For now, please apply the credit note you mentioned.
I will investigate how I can deal with the TAE socket in my apartment and , if it is possible to install it, I will open a separate ticket for transfer to a DSL contract.

Also, could you please advice which company 'owns' the DSL sockets and cables? Whom I can contact regarding their installation?

Thank you
Anton
Thomas
Moderator:in

Hi Anton,

if I giving credit until the expected end of the fault, the early change to DSL is off the table. So you can change or get the credit. Neither is possible. The TAE socket should actually be the property of Telekom.

Regards

Thomas

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi Thomas,

I did not mean that I want DSL and credit note simultaneously.

Is it possible to try and install DSL (when I sort out the socket question), see how it performs in my district & apartment and then make a decision?

If it's affected by the same problem, then I would keep the cable with the credit note until it's resolved.

If DSL is functioning properly, then I am happy to pay the full amount.

Thank you

Anton

Thomas

Hi antonkoh,

since DSL is a completely different technology than cable, the connection should also run clean. Nobody can say that in advance. Unfortunately there is no way to test it.

If you decide for DSL, we pass this on for consultation and you get a call. The connection from us runs then up to the leap day of the new tariff.

Regards

Thomas

Thank you, Thomas.

I will do some research regarding the socket installation and come back to this topic with the decision next week.

Could you just let me know, simply based on your best knowledge of incoming customer support tickets and maybe some statistics you have on how DSL performs in certain districts, would you say that it is worth switching from cable to DSL at my address?

Anton

Thomas

Hi antonkoh,

DSL can also lead to an increased load. However, this is not as common as with cable. DSL lines are structured differently. As already written, it is not really possible to say anything in advance. From my own experience I would say that it will run better.

Regards

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I am in the process of solving the TAE socket problem in my apartment.

Meanwhile, would you be so kind to test a line of some of your DSL users in my district (Moabit) in the evening to see whether the capacity problem affects them as much? I just want to be sure that the switch makes sense.

Thank you in advance

Anton

Thomas

Hi antonkoh,

i'm sorry, but I can't check any other lines just like that. Unfortunately this is not possible due to data protection.

Grüße

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I have resolved the question with the TAE socket.

Could you please initiate the transition to DSL, so I can keep on using cable until DSL is installed?

Since I have heard the installation can take weeks and sometimes even couple months, could I get the credit for the time I am expecting it?

Thank you

Anton

Thomas

Hi antonkoh,

i have to hand this over to the appropriate colleagues. They will then contact you by telephone about the DSL rate. For this I need a time window where they can reach you and a current phone number. Please send me a private message.

You pay for the connection only if it was switched. Until then the cable contract remains active.

Regards

Thomas