abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Severe lengthy timeouts on 400 Cable
zieppa
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

Hello there, 

Hope you don't mind me writing in English. 

I'm on a "Red Internet & Phone 400 Cable" subscription and I'm experiencing frequent and heavy timeouts during the day and even at late hours that is interrupting my work from home as well as my gaming experience. Voice/Video calls drop, games freeze, webpages don't load. 

This is not a wlan issue, I even tested this using an ethernet cable and still, the timeouts happen. Resetting the cable modem helps sometimes, but sometimes it doesn't. Not sure if it's related.

Can any of the mods please kindly look into this for me? Hope the disconnection logs are there in my profile.

Viele Grüße.

126 Antworten 126
Manu
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi zieppa,

we are a little happy that you haven't lost your (sarcastic) sense of humour, despite the long-lasting disturbances.

Yesterday's breakdown has been fixed. Is everything working again for you now?

And of course we are always happy to be here for you.

Best regards, Manu

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
zieppa
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

Hi there @Manu 👋

Thanks a lot for the quick follow-up & the fix. Yup, it's back online. Good old unstable timeouty internet; feels like home! Herz

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, 
Zieppa

Claudia

Hello zieppa,

currently yours and a bunch of other modems in the building (but not all of them) lack three Upstream channels despite having a good signal. I'm afraid another technician should come and fix this, shall we make the task for the appointment?

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
zieppa
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

Dear @Claudia,

Thanks so much for the follow-up and for looking into this for me. And happy to hear that this time we actually have a concrete issue to tackle. Sure, I'd appreciate it if you do so. 

Viele Grüße,
Zieppa

ERFD

Hello zieppa,

I have disconnected the modem from the CMTS. Now all 4 upstreams are available again. Please have a look how the connection is currently behaving.

Best regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
zieppa
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

Einen schönen guten Morgen @Claudia,

Just so that we're on the same page, there was an unexpected internet hiccup a few minutes ago and it came back online shortly. 

Now, I see all four upstream channels back online: 

image.png
Viele Grüße,
Zieppa

zieppa
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

Good morning @ERFD,

Ah, I just posted at the same time. Yes, all 4 channels are back online and so far it seems to be quite stable with timeouts under 20ms. 

Thank you, will keep you posted if things go bad. 

zieppa
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

Wish it would remain as stable. 
https://share.pingplotter.com/4aDBfTsY6Nc

zieppa
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

This marks a transient rush of timeouts I just experienced and ruined a work call while all 4 upstream channels were up & running:
https://share.pingplotter.com/44YkMn8npRB

fefujagkuXn

Claudia

Hello zieppa,

the signal looks good right now. I checked the line and there is no apparent problem. Did you make the Pingplotter measure via ethernet with a 2.5 second intervall?

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!