abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

Sonthofen/ Kempten: Ausfall TV und Radio über Kabel

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Severe lengthy timeouts on 400 Cable
zieppa
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

Hello there, 

Hope you don't mind me writing in English. 

I'm on a "Red Internet & Phone 400 Cable" subscription and I'm experiencing frequent and heavy timeouts during the day and even at late hours that is interrupting my work from home as well as my gaming experience. Voice/Video calls drop, games freeze, webpages don't load. 

This is not a wlan issue, I even tested this using an ethernet cable and still, the timeouts happen. Resetting the cable modem helps sometimes, but sometimes it doesn't. Not sure if it's related.

Can any of the mods please kindly look into this for me? Hope the disconnection logs are there in my profile.

Viele Grüße.

126 Antworten 126
zieppa
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

Hello again @Tobias@Wallace , @Claudia , @Martin59  and @Moni_GK

While I have already provided some updates today,  I thought this one worth an extra note.

Been on a work video call just right now which was ruined by my useless internet connection. I can now confirm that today is a "bad day", the new router didn't help & the Vodafone connection is still unstable and most of the time like today, useless. It's been like this for 6 months. 

(2,5s, auto)
https://share.pingplotter.com/VzZELNacMHd 
https://share.pingplotter.com/f9A2jYHFnWU

Aammm3HXAqN
LnPesS5PNcF

The timeouts are there right now as I type this out. If you could check at the moment, you might have been able to observe something. 

Looking forward to hearing from you for the next steps. This is not a reliable service.

Tobias
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey,

so, the line still looking good, i cant see any things who can disturb the line so much as you describe 😞 Well, yeah, next step would be probably a technician on your site, he can check the cables / device etc., otherwise he can contact special colleagues who will help him on site when he didnt found something.

Could you send me a mobile number where the technicians can contact you?

Regards

Tobias

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
zieppa
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

Good day @Tobias,

Thanks you for your input. It's much appreciated. 

so, the line still looking good, i cant see any things who can disturb the line so much as you describe

I wonder, have you checked the logs retrospectively back to when the problem was actually happening as illustrated with those pingplotter reports? Or was it a "at-the-moment check"?

next step would be probably a technician on your site
Thank you. Sure. I'll send you my number in a PM.  I've got a few questions about the on-site visit:

- Can I be sure that the technicians will kindly & properly wear a mask at the time of their visit? 
- Do you need me to arrange the visit with the hausmeister so he can provide access to the building infrastructure room?
- Considering the sporadic nature of this problem, can I be sure that I won't be charged for their visit if they can't find the problem on-site?

Thanks again, enjoy your evening.
Viele Grüße.

Tobias

Hey,

my colleagues have to wear a mask in that situation right now, yeah. Also, you should probably arrange a appointment so my colleague could check the room yeah 😉

Point 3; yeah, in case you are charged im gonna fix that, but you shouldnt be charged because something has a problem on your site.

Should i send the technician? 😉

Regards

Tobias

zieppa
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

Hi @Tobias, yes please, thank you. 

Viele Grüße.

Tobias

Hey,

my colleagues will contact you 🙂

Regards

Tobias

zieppa
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

Hi again @Tobias,

Thank you for arranging the visit. Your colleague came in yesterday morning and changed/removed things (as shown in the picture). He then told me that everything is green and the signal reaches the modem. 

I explained the sporadic nature of the problem as much as my German skills allowed me too. He was confident that everything is good and we don't need to check the infrastructure room in the basement. 

IMG_0223.jpg

However, as anticipated, the problem is still there. I still see the same old pattern of light timeouts. 

https://share.pingplotter.com/TbXaCgBFiug

KAz8H7856cr

https://share.pingplotter.com/dMR5WMWikfv
jjqxgmcHtgh

I had a worse timeout session after this time but failed to actually capture it. 

While you're kindly investigating this problem, do you think I could get a credit refund for the severe problems I was encountering since May?

Viele Grüße. 

zieppa
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

Good day @Tobias@Wallace@Claudia@Martin59@Moni_GK 

This is a heavy one just right now after I got the green light from the on-site technician just recently & with the new modem.

https://share.pingplotter.com/v3CgukcHUk

JsNAU4nXbXx

If there's nothing else on the debug checklist, I'd very much appreciate to have Vodafone's consent to cancel my contract early on. Would that be ok?

Viele Grüße.

Tobias

Hey,

well, how are you direclty connected to our device? You switched cables etc, right? Our device was also replaced, did you use your own router or something like this?

Regards

Tobias

zieppa
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

Good day @Tobias,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The pingplotter reports are generated while connected via ethernet. I've also tested different ethernet cables to no avail. It's not the cable, if you trust me. I also asked the onsite technician to kindly test the coaxial cable. He ensured me that it's good as he's getting the same results with his test cable. "All green", he said.

Unfortunately, I don't own a cable router of my own to test this with. It was tested with the old one and the new replacement I have recently received from Vodafone. The recent pingplotter reports are generated by the new rerplacement modem.

At this very moment all these equipment/cables/etc are working perfectly fine. No timeouts whatsoever. It is sporadic. To me, as a non-tech-savvy person, that means that the cause can't be on-site.

To be honest with you, I've read other customers on this forum dealing with very similar sporadic problems, having technicians, new modems, high hopes from time to time to no avail. That's why I'm considering a cancellation.

Viele Grüße.