abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Severe lengthy timeouts on 400 Cable
zieppa
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

Hello there, 

Hope you don't mind me writing in English. 

I'm on a "Red Internet & Phone 400 Cable" subscription and I'm experiencing frequent and heavy timeouts during the day and even at late hours that is interrupting my work from home as well as my gaming experience. Voice/Video calls drop, games freeze, webpages don't load. 

This is not a wlan issue, I even tested this using an ethernet cable and still, the timeouts happen. Resetting the cable modem helps sometimes, but sometimes it doesn't. Not sure if it's related.

Can any of the mods please kindly look into this for me? Hope the disconnection logs are there in my profile.

Viele Grüße.

126 Antworten 126
Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello zieppa,

did you make a factory reset instead of a simple reboot to check if that helps? Please also replace the coaxial cable.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
zieppa
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

Hello Claudia, 

Actually, I've done a factory reset last evening and things sound like to be stable since. Will report back if it happens again.

Thanks for your follow-up and stay safe. 

zieppa
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

Hi there, 

I confirm that a router factory reset did it for me. Hope it wasn't just a coincidence.

Viele Grüße.

Claudia

Hello zieppa,

what's the current status?

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
zieppa
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

Hi Claudia, 

All good. Thanks for the follow up. 

Viele Grüße.

Martin59
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hello zieppa,

thanks for your feedback. If you want to, please mark the solution here and we will close the article.

Many greetings and stay healthy, Martin

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
zieppa
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

Hello there again, 

The timeouts started happening again since yesterday. There were no router config updates. It's running with the default factory settings. 

Any chance we could look into this further please?

Viele Grüße.

Wallace

Hi,

I can't find anything wrong with your connection. Can you please run a pingplotter if the problems occur?

Regards

Wallace

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
zieppa
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

Hi Wallace, 

Sure, will do and report back. 

zieppa
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

Hi again Wallace, 

Sorry for the late reply here. I was not really having timeout problems in this time period until yesterday.

I did not experience "severe" timeouts as I had experienced and reported in the past. Only tiny "light" ones which have been more frequent since yesterday.

Here is the report: https://share.pingplotter.com/YJm9xEA5yaz
Here is the downloadable data: https://share.pingplotter.com/GpsSAnuRmER.pp2

What I don't really understand in the report is the packet loss ratio of 96.3% for the 192.168.0.1 hop (router). I can for sure confirm that the pings to the router where constantly successful during these 10 minutes and I have only experienced light timeouts when pinging external IPs/Hosts.

GDJn1W7gK47

I'd really appreciate your help. 

Thanks.