abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Poor router performance (Wi-Fi, cable)
QliverX
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,

I regularly have issues with slow Internet, and it's gotten worse lately. It used to be possible to reach speeds of 190+ Mbit. I've done some measurements on different devices, all in the same room as the router. It is VERY far from the promised 200 Mbit. According to the description, at least 120 Mbit should be guaranteed, at least when connected with cable.

My neighbor who lives right above (and thus is using the same DSL cable) gets much better results when connected to his router, even when he is in our apartment! (And he is only paying for 100 MBit.) So I'm pretty sure it is not an issue related to the service being overloaded or something. I am definitely not going to accept paying for an 200 Mbit connection, when the Internet hardly works. Hope somebody can help me out.

Another thing about my router is that it takes about 10 minutes for it to start up the Wi-Fi again after I turn it off (i.e. the green "@" symbol is lit. I can't imagine that this is normal.

Red Internet & Phone 200 Cable

Sagemcom FAST5460 Wireless Voice Gateway, Firmware Version 6.1.2.31-IMS-KDG from Vodafone

All LEDs steady lit green

2,4 GHz channel 1

None of the devices which are connected are no more than 3 years old

Connected directly with cable.

Speedtest II.png

Measurement with Wi-Fi.

Speedtest.png

Measurement using Wi-Fi, measured the previous day

Speedtest III.png

Measured using the Speedtest app on an Android phone, measured next to the router.

Screenshot_20190624-215216_Speedtest.jpg

Vodafone measurement

Speedtest IV.png

Results

SpeedtestResult.png

Edit: Thread moved to matching board. DSL-->Kabel

17 Antworten 17
QliverX
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,

I did some tests in my neighbors flat and I reached 200 Mbit/s with my modem, so that can't be the issue. I tried changing the ethernet and coaxial cables and then I also got 200 Mbit/s in my flat, however it is still varying between 90 - 200 Mbit/s at times, I will have to do some more testing to figure out if it is related to the time of day.

Regarding this months bills from Vodafone, we got a much higher bill than usual. I just wanted to make sure, that I understood correctly that our bills will be adjusted next month. That is, the bill for the unsuccessful service and GigaTV receiver will be revoked? Will we just pay for the Internet?

Do I need to do anything in order to cancel the GigaTV and the receiver? I just told the delivery man to send back the package. Is written confirmation required, or has it already been canceled on your end? Thanks!

I wish you a great weekend!

With regards

Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello QliverX,

first thing, we made the refund for the next bill. This was the easier part. Somehow the revocation of the TV contract didn't work, but to make that up isn't the problem. However, the package with the receiver didn't arrive yet and it needs to be returned within 14 days after the revocation. According to the delivery status the wrapping shall be replaced due to the damage. Depending on the degree of the damage I assume they will either try to resend it to you or send it back to us. I will send you the link with the tracking via PM.

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
QliverX
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello again Claudia,

sounds good. That is unfortunate, about the TV receiver. When was the revocation? I told the delivery man that the package was wet and damaged, but that that it should be sent back to the sender regardless. But it looks like it will be coming back to me. Do you know if I can directly send it back to you, without accepting the package, or do I need to use a return voucher or similar from within the package?

With regards,

Oliver

Claudia

Hello Oliver,

we just made the revocation, but dated back to July 5th, so there will be no costs for you. Regarding the package, please pick it up and send it back with the return voucher. Sorry for the inconvenience :/.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
QliverX
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello Claudia / Vodafone team,

unfortunately it seems I have not received a refund  yet, and it looks like we are back to paying the "standard" amount now. One month we paid about €100 more than usual, and the next month we didn't pay anything, but nevertheless it does not add up. Please find the attached image below:

Regards,

OliverRechnung.png

Grit

Hello Oliver,

of course you have received the refund. The monthly invoice will continue to be issued, but we will not debit anything as this will be deducted from the credit until it is used up. Nothing was debited in August and September and currently there is still a credit of 14.99 euros on the customer account.

Regards Grit

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
QliverX
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello Grit,

Thank you for your reply. I have to say I don't fully understand how you come to that conclusion. As can be seen in my image, we were indeed charged for September, and we will be charged the standard €39.99 in October as well. In July we paid €134,97. We didn't pay anything in August. That would mean we have paid €134.97 - 39.99 - 39.99 = 54,99 too much? Your colleague informed us that the TV receiver and Internet service errand would be fully refunded.

Bills.png

Regards,

Oliver

Nancy

Hello QliverX,

have a look at the individual invoices, then it is better comprehensible for you. Everything was refunded for your TV contract.

Best regards

Nancy

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!