abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Poor router performance (Wi-Fi, cable)
QliverX
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,

I regularly have issues with slow Internet, and it's gotten worse lately. It used to be possible to reach speeds of 190+ Mbit. I've done some measurements on different devices, all in the same room as the router. It is VERY far from the promised 200 Mbit. According to the description, at least 120 Mbit should be guaranteed, at least when connected with cable.

My neighbor who lives right above (and thus is using the same DSL cable) gets much better results when connected to his router, even when he is in our apartment! (And he is only paying for 100 MBit.) So I'm pretty sure it is not an issue related to the service being overloaded or something. I am definitely not going to accept paying for an 200 Mbit connection, when the Internet hardly works. Hope somebody can help me out.

Another thing about my router is that it takes about 10 minutes for it to start up the Wi-Fi again after I turn it off (i.e. the green "@" symbol is lit. I can't imagine that this is normal.

Red Internet & Phone 200 Cable

Sagemcom FAST5460 Wireless Voice Gateway, Firmware Version 6.1.2.31-IMS-KDG from Vodafone

All LEDs steady lit green

2,4 GHz channel 1

None of the devices which are connected are no more than 3 years old

Connected directly with cable.

Speedtest II.png

Measurement with Wi-Fi.

Speedtest.png

Measurement using Wi-Fi, measured the previous day

Speedtest III.png

Measured using the Speedtest app on an Android phone, measured next to the router.

Screenshot_20190624-215216_Speedtest.jpg

Vodafone measurement

Speedtest IV.png

Results

SpeedtestResult.png

Edit: Thread moved to matching board. DSL-->Kabel

17 Antworten 17
Manu
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi QliverX,

I like to take a closer look at your connection. Please send me your name, address, date of birth and customer number in a PM?

Please let me know again when the message is out.

Best Regards, Manu

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
QliverX
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

@Manu  schrieb:

Hi QliverX,

I like to take a closer look at your connection. Please send me your name, address, date of birth and customer number in a PM?

Please let me know again when the message is out.

Best Regards, Manu

Hallo Manu, thanks, I've now sent you a message.

Manu

Hi QliverX,

thanks for the message. But it seems, you are not our contract partner. So I need the name and date of birth of the contract holder.

Please send me another PM.

Best Regards, Manu

QliverX
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

@Manu  schrieb:

Hi QliverX,

thanks for the message. But it seems, you are not our contract partner. So I need the name and date of birth of the contract holder.

Please send me another PM.

Best Regards, Manu

Hi Manu,

you have a new message.

Regards

Manu

Hi QliverX,

thank you, now I have everything

The modem values don't look good at all. A technician must come to you and adjust everything correctly.

I have finished a job and my colleagues call me to make an appointment.

Best Regards, Manu

QliverX
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Manu!

Thank you for the quick service. I've sent you another message.

With regards,

Oliver

Claudia

Hello Oliver,

I made a new task for the technician.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
QliverX
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,

regarding the TV receiver, I didn't accept the package from the delivery man because it was damaged (wet), I hope it is the same as sending it back using the attached return slip.

As for the Internet, the technician came to us and established that there was a problem with the wall socket. He also said that the cables in the socket were too short for him to do any proper repair, but our Internet would at least be a bit faster than before with his fix.

When he was done he said that he had to disconnect the cable which goes up to the next floor (our neighbors), and if I know if anyone lives there. I informed him that there is someone who lives there and that I was quite surprised by his "solution". He sacrificed the Internet of our neighbors in order to speed up our Internet? I fail to see the logic in that. They are also paying for 200 Mbit Vodafone and were enraged when I told them what the technician had done.

Anyway, a couple of days later, the wall has been opened and there is now access to the cable coming from below (cellar) and to the cable going up. The connection to the neighbor has also been repaired. My neighbor gets 200 Mbit with cable and Wi-Fi, while we get 90-ish when measuring at the same time. I am starting to suspect the problem is our device. I don't know what else I can do at this point? Here is our latest speedtest:

555.png

Best regards

Claudia

Hello QliverX,

that was quite an usual solution to say the least. The technician stated that the wiring to your flat was damaged. If your neighbour doesn't hold a grudge against you because of this, may he check the speed with his WiFi device in your net and vice versa? At which time did you measure the speed? Did you use a cable connection?

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!