abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Poor connection, Wifi disconnection every few minutes & many interruption during the day
Payam
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi,

Since March, I've upgraded my Vodafone Kabel plan to CableMax 1000, and I've received a new router as well. In my previous plan with the previous router (TG3442DE), everything was completely ok, but with the new plan and router (CGA6444VF), I'm experiencing very poor connection, and my Wifi disconnects every few minutes. I've gone through all the instructions that the Tobi chatbot provides, but they only fix the issue for one day.

The wifi interruption is extremely annoying. Even when I cast a downloaded video on my phone to my TV, the wifi constantly disconnects, and I have to re-cast every few minutes. Google home constantly says "there was a glitch in connection..." after my commands, and many interruptions on my Zoom or Whatsapp calls. It's really bothering me.

Unfortunately, there was no English-speaking agent when I called customer support.

What should I do to fix the connection? I need support ASAP, please.

Thanks

25 Antworten 25
Payam
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Dear Jana,

I just contacted property managers, and they said they will provide access to the service room where the house system is.

So, can you please assign a technician to come and check the issue? And please let me know the exact time and date so that I can arrange the appointment with Hausmeister.

ERFD
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Payam,

we will forward the order to a technician and he will arrange an appointment with you beforehand. Can you please send me a phone number by PN under which the colleague can contact you?

Regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
Payam
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello ERFD,

I just sent you a private message.

Thanks,

Payam

pRo-Marco

Hi Payam,

the technician will call you to arrange an appointment Please keep us informed!

Kind regards

Marco

Payam
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Dear Marco,

The technician came to my apartment on Tuesday (June 7) and checked everything including the router, connections, and the entire building system box, and told me that my connection timeouts and interruptions are caused by the Vodafone cable internet infrastructure in my street. He said he will send his report, did you receive anything?

He also told me that the infrastructure provides stable connection up to 250mb/s speed, but it will become unstable for higher speeds.

Therefore, I'm wondering if I can downgrade to 250mb/s with new-contract benefits stated on Vodafone website such as reduced fee for first 6 months, etc.?

My other option is to terminate my contract since the service quality is very low and it's confirmed by the technician. Is an early termination possible?

Thanks,

Payam

Wallace

Hi Payam,

I cannot understand the technician's statement. The line is perfectly clean and there is no excessive load. A speed test I just carried out showed 841 Mbps.

Can you please carry out a few speed tests via LAN cable?

Regards

Wallace

Payam
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Wallace,

Sorry, I don't understand your comment. Did you read the technician's report by himself? He should have provided more details than he shared with me.

Your colleague said he has checked my connection and there are many timeouts. Check this out please: https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/StorungsmeldungenInternetTVTelefon/...

And the technician is also confirming the problem is from Vodafone's cable infrastructure in my street.

Anyway, I did a few speed tests with Wifi and LAN as you requested, hope it helps.

Wifi: https://idgtechmedia.speedtestcustom.com/result/3ce9b5b0-e969-11ec-9800-7bf52fc09905

LAN: https://idgtechmedia.speedtestcustom.com/result/b0b475d0-e968-11ec-9d2e-8dbe3fecf3d2

My complaint is not about the internet speed though, it's about many timeouts and interruptions per hour which is blocking me to work from home.

According to what the technician told me, the highest speed with a stable connection is 250 Mbs. Can I downgrade to this plan? If not, I really need to terminate my contract and change to Telekom.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Payam

Martin59
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hello Payam,

I can't understand why there should be no more than 250 Mbit on your connection.

There is no known capacity utilization and according to the technician, the problem was solved on site.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to switch to the 250 MBit rate.

Best regards, Martin

Payam
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Sorry, I don't get it! The technician said the problem was solved on-site?!

The technician told me in person that the problem can NOT be solved because it's an infrastructural issue by Vodafone in my street, then how is it solved?

I'm still experiencing many many interruptions in my connection per hour!

Can you please send me the technician report for transparency?

Thanks,

Payam

Wallace

Hi Payam,  

the technician reported back that there should be too high a load on the network, but that is not the case.

Do the interruptions only occur via Wifi? According to the system, only one HUE bridge is currently connected via LAN cable. Please do long-term tests with a device (not the HUE Bridge) that is connected directly to our router via LAN cable.

I can't give you the final report from the technician. I can only write excerpts from it, as I have already done.

Btw, you wouldn't save a penny by downgrading to 250Mbps.

Regards

Wallace