abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Packet loss returned again
NikeM
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello.

Since about a month ago thanks to vodafones new firmware ''update'' I ran into MASSIVE packet loss problems.

Finally after a week of pure suffering you rolled the firmware back. Thank you

It seems theres been a new firmware update after that then and life is a complete nightmare again. Gaming completely impossible, freezes ingame at least every minute. Websites barely usable and streaming only by luck. Very fun to have gone to the second year prices for RED Kabel that I chose to pay to NOT HAVE THESE PROBLEMS!!!

Why do I have to honor my commitment of paying if my ISP cant provide me with the promised service 50% of the time?

#Rant over#

Find pingplotter charts attached. Vodafone station Firmware version: 01.01.117.01.EUROPacket Loss.PNG

I am on wired connection to router, same thing happens with any wireless/wired device, regardless if its laptop/phone/pc/fridge magnet. No extra routers. No internet setting changes. No difference firewalls on/off.

Please please get this fixed this is unacceptable to be happening all the time.

Thank you

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Moni_GK
Administrator:in
Administrator:in

Hello NikeM,

the error is known. My colleagues are already taking care of it so that it runs again as quickly as possible.

best regards
Moni

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

17 Antworten 17
Martin59
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hello, NikeM,

what about the download and upload speed? Is that ok or too slow?

Best regards Martin

NikeM
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

During packet loss obviously download speeds drop so averages do go down, maybe on average 25%.

Lately packet loss has disappeared, hopefully vodafone fixed the issue 🙂

Ill pop this thread up if it returns

ERFD
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello, NikeM,

thanks for your feedback. Nice that it is now running.

We wish you and your family a merry Christmas.

Best regards Fred

NikeM
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Bumping this up.

So packet loss was never fully fixed, but atleast it was in bearable levels(maybe 1 ping spike per 30min). I could handle that as I dont play competitively due to this anymore.

But vodafone has once again been doing vodafone things. Yesterday 00.00 internet fully down, then today absolutely unusable. Packet loss so severe even websites dont open.

Been through the usual useless advice youre always given first. Restart router, pull the power out and wait before, factory settings, try wifi and wired. Its exactly the same problem as always.

Im sick of paying almost 50e/month for premium internet when I almost never get the service I pay for. Atleast let me change for a lower speed plan.. If the internet is garbage atleast I wont be paying premium.. Its pretty appalling that im stuck with a 2 year plan that doesnt provide what it promises, but I still have to pay it, and cant cancel it at all. Customer satisfaction at peak here!

Heres a picture of my newest pingplotter, enjoy..

NikeM
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Would be nice to get some contact here...

New problem.

Router restarts itself SEVERAL times a day. No settings touched again. What is up with this now?

Manu

Hi NikeM,

some signals are not as they should be. I would like to send you a technician to check on site. Would that be ok for you? The technician will need access to the house installation, and your router of course.

We need a phone number, so that my colleagues can call you to set an appointment. You can send me a PM.

Bet Regards, Manu

Claudia

Hello NikeM,

I made the task for the technician, you should receive a call next week.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
NikeM
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello again.

So engineer came here, very nice guy. As quoted from him, theres nothing he/vodafone can do as the problem is the street(cable connection underground?), and the entire building has the same problem. We tightened all connections in link-room, and got signal slighty improved, but problems still persist. So Im at a dead end now.

Packet loss seems gone atleast thank god, but not the constant restarts of router.

I dont see it being my fault that vodafone cant provide the connection to my address that was promised. It is very frustrating to pay almost 50e/month for a service that doesnt work as advertised. How am I supposed to work online when the router restarts itself at the very least 5 times a day(every restart takes probably around 5 min).

I can easily document this being the case, and I want to therefore make a formal complaint to vodafone. I dont feel it being reasonable to bill me full price for a service that is not being provided properly.

I want to find a solution for this so maybe someone could provide me a contact to go about my complaint. I really dont want to go through the trouble of going through Verbraucherzentrale unless I have to.

Thank you again,

NikeM

Claudia

Hello NikeM,

the technician gave the feedback that after he fixed the signal there was still a problem in the return path. There are other technician that already try to repair that so I made a new task for you and attached it to the existing task. The right contact would be the complaints management, the address is

Vodafone Kabel Deutschland

Kundenservice

99116 Erfurt

But it might be the colleagues need you to write in German. If you agree I may give you a refund for the limited service in February.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!