abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Package Loss and Jump in Ping
KlaKra
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Dear Vodafone,

Since the start of my contract (November 2020), I have experienced situational package loss and jumps in ping. The problem is especially seen when using e.g. Skype where voice (from both sides) are lost for 2-3 seconds and during online gaming where the game might stand still and a rubberbanding effect occur or outright disconnect. It happens at all times of the day.

Two weeks ago I finally had a technician in my home, but he was unable to find the problem. He promised he would send another technician with different reading equipment, but since then I have not heard back and I can see my ticket is simply closed - not cool!

Here is an example taken just now:

Ping.png

• In which state do you live? Bayern
  • Which contract do you have? (e.g. internet + telephone 100) CableMax 1000
  • Which modem / router do you use? (e.g. Hitron) Vodafone TG3442DE
  • Do you use a loaner device from us or do you have your own device ? Loaner
  • What is the error (Speed ​​too low; packet loss) Send screenshots of speed tests (with date and time) and tracer / ping plotter measurements in the event of packet loss or ping problems. See above
  • How is your terminal with the modem connected ? ( LAN; WLAN; additional router; PowerLAN ) LAN
  • Which browser do you usually use? (e.g. Firefox) Chrome
  • Which operating system do you have on your computer? (e.g. Windows) Windows 10
  • Start and period of the disturbance  (e.g. since the beginning of April; only in the evening) Since November 2020
  • Upload a screenshot of the signal values . You can find this in the user interface of your cable router via  192.168.0.1 or via 192.168.178.1 on the Fritzbox.
  • What measures were carried out by the fault hotline (available at 0800-5266625)? Technician in my apartment, unable to fix the problem, simply closed my ticket and nothing else.
13 Antworten 13
KlaKra
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Pingplotter for a longer timeframe (30mins):

Ping2.png

Tobias
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi @KlaKra ,

that doesn't sound so nice, sorry 😞 I still want to take a look at it 🙂 Can you send me your customer data (customer number, name, address and date of birth of the contract holder) via private message?

Then please let me know in the post when you have sent me the data.

Regards

Tobias

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
KlaKra
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi @Tobias ,

Thank you for picking this up. I have sent you a private message now.

Best regards,

KlaKra

Claudia

Hello KlaKra,

please send a current Pingplotter measurement where the last hop is visible as well. Don't use Google as the destination but Skype and the online games you have trouble with. 10 minutes are sufficient.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
KlaKra
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello Claudia,

Thank you for helping.

Please see the last 10mins of pinging World of Warcraft (using the IP as suggested by https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7870).

I do not know which IP to use to ping Skype for Business? I am guessing it is using a closed server from my company or maybe an office365 server? Perhaps you can suggest something similar?

Ping3.png

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards,

KlaKra

pRo-Marco

Hi KlaKra,

please set it to 2,5s. It looks like there is problem between your PC and the modem.

Can you please try another device and another Ethernet-cable?

Kind regards

Marco

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi @pRo-Marco ,

I had to arrange for another device capable of plugging in an ethernet cable. On the plus side, this new device is recently formated, please see the plot below for the last 10minutes.

pingplot.png

Best regards,

KlaKra

KlaKra
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

10 minutes more:

pingplot2.png

ERFD

Hello KlaKra,

is the problem temporarily ok after a power reset on the modem or does this not matter and is permanent? Can it be narrowed down in time?

Best regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!