abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

No internet for over 2 weeks, no help from service number
Particle
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello! We pay for service through our landlord. Due to the internet not working at least for the last two weeks, he has tried calling the service several times and we have not had any success at getting anyone to come check the wiring (which I think is the issue).

• Which contract do you have? don't know  
  • Which modem / router do you use? unitymedia connectbox   
  • Do you use a loaner device from us or do you have your own device ? presumably loaner device   
  • What is the error ? --constant  flashing green arrows indicating no connection; problem started out as internet slowing down and flashing green arrows by morning for several days, now constant flashing green arrows even after unplugging modem for a period of time, unplugging coaxial cable, and / or turning it off and back on again every day for the last approx 2 weeks--
  • How is your terminal connected to the modem ? LAN & WLAN 
  • Which browser do you usually use? google chrome 
  • Which operating system do you have on your computer? Mac OS
  • Start and period of the disturbance:   we have not had internet since October 7th  
  • Upload a screenshot of the signal values . You can find this in the user interface of your cable router via  192.168.0.1 or via 192.168.178.1 on the Fritzbox. not applicable     
  • What measures were carried out by the fault hotline (available at 0800-5266625)? Landlord has called at least 3x, first time Vodafone sent a text in the evening in the same day, "Dear Vodafone customer, your fault affects the whole house. We are already working flat out on the solution and ask for your patience. Your Vodafone -Team ", since then and subsequent phone calls, have not received any texts or updates.  
  • In which state do you live? Hesse

Thank you for any help!

5 Antworten 5
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

As you are not the contract owner, you will not receive any service from Vodafone.

You only have a contract with your landlord, so your only partner is your landlord - and he has to provide you with the contractual agreed services. It's up to him to ensure the services that he contractually agreed to provide to you - how he deals with the problem should not be your problem.

And this also includes that his finger-pointing to Vodafone is inacceptable - your contract with the landlord has nothing to do with his contract with Vodafone; in case your landlord cannot grant you the agreed services, he has to provide you with any kind of replacement services.

By the way: In case these contracts are private user contracts, a re-selling of the services is prohibited from the side of Vodafone.

The problem is still on the end of Vodafone since they refuse to respond to requests for service. I have been on the line with them along with the landlord and as stated they have done nothing to resolve the issue.

Thanks for the feedback!

As I said - Vodafone is not your contractual partner, so Vodafone will not help you at all. Your sole contractual partner is your landlord - given what you initially said. So you have to ask only your landlord to provide the services that he has contractually agreed to provide to you - which also means that HE has to provide any kind of backup solution (as he is your sole contractual partner).

What HE does in order to deal with HIS problem that HE is not able to provide the service, is not YOUR problem - it's solely HIS problem to deal with it. It's the same situation with a non-functional heating in your rented appartment - it's not your problem but solely the one from your landlord. He has to do something about it - in case of the heating this could mean that he buys some electrical heaters that you can use instead of the conventional heaters - in case of an internet connection, he might buy LTE replacement services. But as I said, it's not your problem to deal with it - it's solely his.

Finger-pointing from him to Vodafone is definitely not how it works - especially if the contracts in case of private/non-business contracts do not allow re-selling the services to a third party and explicitly deem Vodafone not liable for any additional costs or fees that may be incurred by not providing the re-sold service to a third party.

And that's the main difference between your landlord making contracts - so he has to deal with the problem - or him not doing those contracts and you having to make these contracts on your own (where Vodafone would provide you with support and maybe also LTE replacement services) - but as you are not contrctual partner to Vodafone, Vodafone is not deemed to give you any kind of support or replacement service at all.

It's all up to your landlord to provide you with the service you pay him for - what he does to manage to grant you the contractually agreed services is solely his problem and not the one of Vodafone.

Many thanks for the energy spent composing this response, I completely understand. I wish such energy could be spent sending someone in to fix the internet problem after the multiple phone calls my landlord has made with the service center.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Please note that I am -as most people here- also only a customer.

I know that it can be annoying if the internet line isn't working - but if I were you, I'd already have asked my landlord to provide me with a backup solution or otherwise would reduce the rental fees (as he has to provide me with a working internet line, no matter which provider he chooses or what problems may be related to his chosen solution).

But I'm also pretty sure that -if the failure has already been noticed to Vodafone- Vodafone is already trying to fix the issue. But this might need additional time, depending on where the failure is located - especially if there is a failure of the cables underneath the streets or curbs. Because in that case they have to get permissions to do the needed digging - and this can take time to get those permissions.