abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

New kabel station getting disconnected frequently
johnjamin
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi,

I had no idea how to get through the auto mobile answering system in German, so I am writing the problem here. 

I recently made a new cable internet contract and switched the tarrif from 400 to 1000. I described the problem to a worker in vodafone shop which I was having from the old machine (thought it was the router problem). The fast line option in tge router would get disconnected frequently while the slow connection was stable.  So I asked for the new router hoping I would get a stable fast connection.

The new one came, set it up and the same problem is occurring. It is getting disconnected every now and then. It gets completely disconnected (wifi dissapears). When it is working though, the speed seems to be okay but the ping seems often to be very high. I guess this is an indication of a vodafone line problem.

The problem seems to have been in the place for a long time. As I have misjudged initially the cause to be the router. Now with a lot of homeoffice, it is really problematic. How can I get support to resolve this issue? 

42 Antworten 42
Martin59
Moderator:in

Hello johnjamin,

we will be happy to take a look at it. Please tell us which router you use and in which state you live?

Best regards, Martin

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi, 

The machine i got recently seems to be a vodafone station. CGA4233DE is the model number. 

The address is ***

Tobias
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey,

I can gladly take a look at the connection 🙂 Can you send me your customer data (customer number, name, address and date of birth of the contract holder) via private message?

Then please let me know in the post when you have sent me the data.

Regards

Tobias

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

I have sent you the private message with all the information you've asked. 

Claudia

Hello johnjamin,

do the disconnects only occur with the WiFi connection only or via ethernet as well? When exactly was the last disconnect via ethernet?

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi,

I haven't tried the lan connection. 

Somehow your company has sent me another router which I did not ask for.

So now I have two new ones. 

The first one is the former one which I have mentioned earlier in other posts.

This is the one that was having some disconnection issues. 

The second one came more recently. As the new one came, I replaced the first one with this machine.

It does not disconnect. However, it is unstable and shows often extremely slow speed. 

I tried to install the first one again since it was too slow. However, it is asking me to enter the activation code.

I cannot find this code anywhere, so I gave up and went back to the second one and installed this one.

Could you please check what the problem is with the second one?

I have a contract of 1000mbits. but I am getting 150~200mbits from the second machine. 

With the first one, horrible disconnection issues. Second one with slow and very unstable connection. 

Also, I have no idea what to do with both of the machines. Do I send back one?

I hope this makes sense.  

Also please give me the instructions to get an activation code. The second machine seems to cover less area than the first one with the wifi. The signal is not powerful enough in some part of the flat. As already mentioned the speed problem exists. 

Therefore, I would like to use the first machine and get the disconnecting problem fixed. To do so, i need an activation code to install the first one and deal with the disconnection problem. I will send back the second one and the very old one back tk vodafone. 

Could you please help me?

Would there be an option for a phone call? Thank you in advance.  

Jens

Hey johnjamin,

you need no code to activate our cable-router. 🙂 And i can see, that the connection is online since a few days.

Is now all ok?

Regards

Jens

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
johnjamin
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

This is because I was using the second device. The first one still asks for me to insert the activation code. I would want to use the first one but I am now too overwhelmed by this problem.

Nevertheless, the second one also gets very slow sometimes. The speed tests sometimes show about 200mbits.

I tried whatsapp call and it gets disconnected very frequently. It is almost impossible to have an online meeting.

Can you please have a look at it or help me to resolve this issue?