abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

New client Red Cable 1000 and connection is very unstable/slow
Checco
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,
I got the Red Cable 1000 contract 2 days ago.
I know that 1000 Mbps are hard to get, although I couldn't even have a videocall with my parents and friends (only laptop connected via wi-fi).
This made me try some test on the speed of my connection and the result is very far from the 1000 Mbps: 270 Mbps averaged measured by cable at three different times of the day.
These values are to low to be justified: even if wi-fi never reaches the speed of the LAN, videocalls are minimum requirements for an internete connection nowadays (the test on wifi gave me 55 Mbps average which is way too slow).

Here the details:

Contract : Red phone and cable 1000
Modem: Vodafone station CGA4233DE
Speed test on Vodafone server in Frankfurt by laptop connected by cable reports 270 Mbps average speed. Furthermore sometimes the connection drops totally for 10-15s.
Browser: Chrome
Time of the issue: from the beginning of my contract (2 days ago)
 I don't speak German so I could not use the hotline. I tried the self-service, reset the router, closing all the app in background, unplug and plug the router....no success
I live in Krailling 82152

In the attachment you can see the result of the last speedtest ( I don't have a picture of the previous ones, but they were the same).

I hope you can help me.

Checco

19 Antworten 19
Moni_GK
Administrator:in
Administrator:in

Hello, Checco,

I'd be happy to take a look at the line. Please send me a PN with your customer data (name, address, customer number and date of birth).

Then please contact me again here when you have sent me the data.

Best regards

Moni

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!
pRo-Marco
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi Checco,

the signal is stable. There is a small error-rate at the upstream, but nothing to worry about. Would you please run a pingplotter to see where the problems come from?

Kind regards

Marco

Hi Marco,

thank you for taking the time to answer me.

I am not an expert and by unstable I mean that the connection suddenly drops. I have actually severl video call all over the day (work and family) and each one is poor, no matter which application I am using (Skype, whatsapp, Cisco...) or wether I am connected by cable.

I ran a continuous speedtest over the last weekend and collected the data on an excel file, the result is :
24Mbps download
17Mbps upload
90 - 100% packet loss in upload
ping between 600 ms and 1s

I could send it to you but it is a big file for the forum contsraints (8 MB, 40k data)

I have not run any long-term test during this week, but if I run a speed test now the result is the same (see attachment)
Everry test I do is by cable connection, no firewall, no process in background, no other internet connection on.

It looks to me that there is some not neglibile issue in my internet connection.
If you tell me what is a pinplotter and how to use it, I will be glad to provide you more data.

I hope this clarifies my issue and is helpful for you to help me out.

Kind Regards,

Francesco

Hi Marco,

I tried to split the file with the data I got last weekend, hoping they may help.
this is the first part

And thi is the second part

Thank you for your help

Claudia

Hello Checco,

the file you sent doesn't help. You can find the Pingplotter software and an explanation here. Use the services that you have trouble with as the destination and set the intervall on 2,5 seconds.

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Checco
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello Claudia,

I installed and ran Pingplotter yesterday evening and this morning.

Here is the link collecting all the data (screenshot and .pp2 😞 https://share.pingplotter.com/G6CyX4dnt7L

I am not having an issue with aspecific applcation, but with the general connection (super slow, sudden drops, etc...) so I sued the pingplotter website as target (as Pingplotter guide suggests).

I hope this helps

Enjoy your weekend

Francesco

Checco
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,

the situation is still the same: conntection super slow (whatsapp takes few minutes to send a message, just as example), sometimes the connection drops, etc....
I gave you all the info you asked: I don't want to seem rude, but it has been a while that I informed you about my problem and in the meantime the service is way worse than what I subscribed for.

I hope you understand my posittion.

Kind Regards,

Francesco

Martin59
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hi Checco,

hast Du noch einen externen W-LAN Router angeschlossen?

Best regards, Martin