abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Modem restarts randomly, download/upload speed problems
jkiraly98
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Problem : At random times of the day the modem decides to shut itself down. It comes back in 1-2 minutes, but as I'm working from home, at every connection drop I'm losing my connections, and it's causing me loads of problems during home office. The same problem was happening a year ago. It disappeared, but it came back like a month ago again.

When the connection drops I see new entries in the event log:  FW.LANATTACK DROP, FW.WANATTACK DROP (see attachments). The modem turns off, the lights go red, and it turns back again.

The other problem is that sometimes my upload speed goes below 1-2 megabytes / sec. Also, at the time when I was writing this report my download speed dropped to 0 megabytes / sec.

Solutions I've tried :

- Removing the router from the network, and using only cable to connect to the modem

- Isolating all devices from the network except one at the time

- Turning off the modem, waiting for a couple of minutes before starting it again

Additional data:

- City: Trier, 54290

- I only have internet - "1000 Mbit / s CableMax"

- Free Vodafone modem - CGA4233DE

- I have a router which is connected to the modem, it's TP-Link  Archer C80. The problem is present without using my router in between too, I don't think it's related.

Sorry for the english report. My German is not good enough yet to communicate with people, this is why I didn't call the hotline yet. Thank you for your help in advance!

At the time when I was writing this download speed went to 0At the time when I was writing this download speed went to 0Signal values 1Signal values 1Signal values 2Signal values 2Event log when the problem is happeningEvent log when the problem is happening

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Martin59
Moderator:in

Hello jkiraly98,

please excuse that the answer comes only now.

Your connection is currently affected by a return path interferer, which leads to the impairments. The interfering signal itself could already be limited to a certain line, now the connected objects have to be checked.

I have created an order so that you will be informed about the completion.

Many greetings, Martin

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

12 Antworten 12
sconic11
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi,
I can confirm those issues as well for 49076, Osnabrück. Same hardware, same logs and behaviour of modem/vodafone box.

--> Crashed completly today at 11:00 and 12:40 today. Very bad situation in homeoffice.

Can some moderator please check? Please answer 🙂

ERFD
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello jkiraly98,

welcome to the community 🙂

We will be happy to take a look at your connection and the problem with the interruptions and the temporary drop in the upstream. Please send us the customer number, name incl. address and date of birth of the contract holder via private message.

Write here briefly when the data has been sent. Currently it takes a few days until we are back in the post 😞

@sconic11, please open a post of your own.

Best regards Fred

Dear ERFD,

I've send the PM.

Thanks in advance for the investigation!

Best regards,

József

Martin59

Hello jkiraly98,

please excuse that the answer comes only now.

Your connection is currently affected by a return path interferer, which leads to the impairments. The interfering signal itself could already be limited to a certain line, now the connected objects have to be checked.

I have created an order so that you will be informed about the completion.

Many greetings, Martin

Hello Martin,

Keine problem! Danke für alles! 🙂

Best regards,

József

Jana478
Administrator:in
Administrator:in

Hello jkiraly98,

Is everything working again since the order was completed? Can the post then be closed or do you still want to test?

Many greetings

Jana

Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

Dear Jana!

The random connection drops are greatly reduced, but still happening sometimes (like once a day, or once every other day). My upload speed is still below 1Mbps most of the time.

Should I expect the problems to go away completly? What kind of upload speed would be ideal to valuate the problem as "solved"?

Best regards,

József

Hi again.

Unfortunately today I started experiencing huge packet losses. I just can't continue to work from home with this quality of service. This connectivity problems literally ruining my life. 

Screenshot 2021-11-03 at 10.58.42.png

Claudia

Hello jkiraly98,

please make a Pingplottere measure so we can see where on the route the packetloss happens. Please use a direct ethernet connection and an Intervall of 2.5 seconds. Are all websites affected?

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!