abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Massive internet problem and support required in english
Ramesh
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello, 

Apologies for lack of my German speaking skills. I would really appreciate assistance on the issue with my internet. I tried calling customer care, who directed me to use this forum and hence this.

Internet at home is really tacky from past two weeks. It just disconnects randomly (unluckily when I'm working). And when I use the "restart the router" it works for a while and the same story again.

Usually in past days, when I use "Netz assistant" it used to show something like "return path disturbance".

But today restarting the router is not helping and it shows "major disruption of service in your area". But when I check the disrupted location my address shows no disruptions. Address is "***". 

I can provide additional details, but can someone here at least help me here.

Thanks, 

Ramesh

18 Antworten 18
Ramesh
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello Claudia,

By TV, I mean GigaTV box asks for connection to internet (with a pop up overlaying on top of running TV) without GigaTV if I plug in the cable from antenna directly to TV, then the TV works (TV signal is available). 

Regarding the router, no I have not unplugged it. It's still switched on. As specified in my PN - led lights for power, internet and phone is blinking white light constantly and fast with no internet service. I did order a new coaxial cable and changed the cable as well to see if that's fault. Even with the new coaxial cable same status. Also, when the coaxial cable is not connected to Vodafone station, led lights are constantly blinking the same.

Also, I tried connecting to router via LAN and access admin page to perform factory reset - I am unable to access router via browser. Then I thought of performing a factory reset by pressing the hard button (inside a small hole), even this didn't work. Factory reset of Vodafone station didn't happen.

I did try and explain the whole story more than 2 weeks ago as PN to whoever contacted me. Looks like it's overlooked by everyone. I am waiting for someone to look at this from the day I raised a complaint (21st Jan). Still waiting for internet service. 

Please send a technician, I completely appreciate it. I can give him access to my house. There is no symptoms of covid in my household. Doesn't have to worry about it. Yes please, please ask to contact me on the number specified. And kindly make this as soon as possible. It's been 4 weeks now that nothing is working. 

Ramesh
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher
Details of the issue

thanks for looking into this. I hope at least someone can provide me solution. If you have anymore questions please ask. I want this issue to be resolved. 

Initial update 1

Just wanted to provide you with enough information, for the glimpse of issue. 

Firstly, my plan is a 1000Mbps plan. Right from the beginning, I never got the speed which as per contract - 600 mbps is the max what I have seen. I had several disruptions with the service and when I restart the router (as in Netz assistant) it was working again (like before) 

On 19th January : all my services were down (TV, internet, phone), I raised a complaint - and after several restarts of router it worked.

On 21st January : all my services went down again. This time around restart didn't help at all. Router was on (power light - white) and (Wi-Fi was on (white light) but Internet and phone  light was off red (constant red). Raised a complaint again, nothing happened.

This disruption continued till 24th January, with no services whatsoever. I mean it, completely zero.

On 25th January, I got internet connection again (but tv and phone was not working). But the internet speeds were horrible (200 mbps and 5 mbps). On the other hand internet was only available during day time (with several times automatic restart) and in the evening no service again. 

This continued till 27th January and then phone and TV started working. But the same issues, slow internet, automatic restart, and no service in the evenings. 

On 28th January, everything went down. Meaning, no service whatsoever again. TV, phone, internet completely disconnected. And so far (till now - 1st February) I do not have any service yet. 

Meanwhile, on 29th January, I restarted router to see if that helps with the connection. But now the status of router is constant (and fast) blinking of white light on power, internet and phone options. This is continuing ti day. 

Kindly assist me in getting out this issue anf fix the problem quickly. I have already spent over 100 € for other kind of internet products for my work.

Update 2

wanted to update on the recent status. Today, finally I thought of performing factory reset on the router. Since the vodafone station was just constantly blinking (as specified in my previous message). Today even after I unplugged coaxial cable from station it was just blinking non-stop.

First, I tried connecting via LAN cable to my computer - it didn't work. Meaning I couldn't access the router via IP and password.

Secondly, I tried hard push on the reset button for 5 - 6 secs. Even this reset was not successful. Meaning, the device didn't get reset. No led lights got off and it was constantly blinking as before.

I now think, the issue might be with the Vodafone station. If even factory reset with hard push of button is not working then, I'd imagine that's the problem. What do you think? 

Let me know what could I do as next step?

Update 3

I bought a new coaxial cable to check if the fault is in cable. Even with the new cable the issue remains same. 

Also tried factory reset with new cable and without the cable again. Factory reset didn't happen. 

Update 4

Whenever I call or contact anyone, only response I get is - issue is outside your home and technicians are working on it and I will receive an SMS once it's fixed. Even when I try and explain all the troubleshooting I have done, the response is same. When I check Netz assistant it shows 'return path failure' but this was the status starting from when I got connection in Oct 2021. But there was half the speed internet till 21st Jan. Then everything is gone.

Finally, i hope this provides complete information to solve this issue. Some of these messages are copy paste from PN to moderators who tried to help me. Maybe I should have posted this here in the first place.

Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Ramesh,

thank you for clarification. I made the task for the technician to check your line and replace the router, if necessary. You should be called to make the appointment in the next days.

Kind regards,
Claudia

PS: I would be happy if you answer the survey I will send you via PM :).

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Ramesh
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Claudia, 

Thanks for organising the technician, I absolutely appreciate it. You saved me finally. I asked them to visit today itself to fix the issue and they did.

As I was saying from the long time, over PN and over call with hotline - issue was the with modem (or router). It was not working or broken. When the technician replaced it with other one, my internet and phone and tv started working again. Finally, after more than 4 weeks of no internet (and other services) issue was addressed. 

That said, there are some more issues which I want to continue discussing.

1. The modem ( or router) which is provided now (as a replacement) is a downgraded version of what I had. Earlier I had, CGA6444VF - which has far better technology than what is provided now which is TG3442DE. Can this be replaced with the same one as I had before?

2. Now that I got back my internet, the so called "return path issue" is still present. And my internet speeds are back to how it was earlier. Max of 500mbps / 20 mbps (down/up). When will I get the speeds as in my contract, which is 1000mbps?

3. As I have mentioned in the details, I did not have service since I raised complaint on 21st Jan. Today (17th Feb) I got internet back. Why do I have to pay for subscription (during this period) when I didn't had any service?

Can someone please help me with these.

Thanks,

Ramesh

P.S. Claudia, I filled the survey for you. It's just for you.

Tobias

Hey,

well, both modems can pump 1000MBit, its just another type of modem, when it works, it works,- didnt see any reason to swap it to another 🙂

The second point is, can you show me some speedtests? It looks like there is nothing wrong connection wise,- it looks clean actually.

And the last point; we can offer a 50% credit for the month, im sorry for that 😞

Regards

Tobias

Ramesh
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your answers.

Regarding the Vodafone station model, as a technical person myself I understand the difference - but, so be it. Let's not discuss further.

Regarding second item, I will absolutely share the details and then we can continue the discussion later. It will make much more sense to discuss on this with the details in front of us, because what we both see is different now.

But before that, the important thing I request your attention to is - the service disruption. There is AGAIN service disruption, meaning - no internet.

1. Yesterday (28th Feb 22) at around 18:30 PM internet stopped working. Vodafone station is ON working with all the led light ON and white (power, Wifi, Internet, phone) and no internet. My mobile devices connected via Wifi started showing 'No internet" and my TV connected via LAN showed "Internet disconnected".

2. When I checked Netz-assitant after an hour into distruption, it showed something like

28_02_2022_18:45PM28_02_2022_18:45PM 

3. There was no internet through out, till 12:00 PM today. At the same time when I checked Net-assistant again, it showed something like this.

01_03_2022_11:45AM01_03_2022_11:45AM

4. The irony is while I was finalizing this post, internet started working again - around 12:20 PM today. But Netz-Assitant still shows the same message (as the second image)

Inspite of now with internet connectivity, I still wanted to to post this. Can such immediate disruptions could be addressed. Can these be fixed once in for all? 

Regards,

Ramesh 

Tobias

Hey,

well, that are errors that are randomly occurs,- its not just on your side, all of our customers in your area got the "same" problem. My colleagues fix that, but they let the ticket open if someone come later on and say "hey there was something faulty here",- so me / and my colleagues can see that later 😉

Sorry for that!

Regards

Tobias

Ramesh
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hey Tobias,

My understanding from your message was, that you raised a ticket and it will be resolved. Thanks for doing that, I really appreciate it and the fast feedback. It feels really nice to think somehow I am supported with less feedback time now.

Meanwhile, there are two things -

1. Even yesterday (04-March-22) there was internet (this time it was also phone) disruption for the entire afternoon - while the led light for phone was red. Disruption started at around 13:45 PM and didn't have both the services till almost 20:30 hrs. Just wanted to let you know how things are. Not sure if this repeats again, but such disruptions doesn't help me. As you can see, there was disruptions (for hours together) twice already this month.

2. With respect to internet speed, I told you that I will share some details. The details are attached here. Some explanation regarding that

• Image is from Ookla Speedtest App on my phone. This is from Oct 2021 till Jan 2022 (I cannot attach .csv file otherwise I would have sent it - which has more details than this)Photo-0.jpg

• Attached images (first two) are from Vodafone app (inbuilt speedtest) and the other two is from "breitband messung funkloch-app". This starts in Jan 2022 till now.

Photo-2 (1).jpgPhoto-3 (1).jpgPhoto-1 (1).jpg

Photo-0 (1).jpg

• I don't want to make any claim now, before I check all available options. 

But what I would want to check now is replace the modem (Vodafone station) which is with me with a Fritzbox and see if there any improvement. For this, I have bought a brand new "Fritzbox 6660 Cable" personally.

My question here is, if I want to use that instead of Vodafone Station (which is present now), what should I do? Is there some activation procedure as such which needs to be done to use it or it's as simple as I replace it and everything works?

Let me know how to proceed. 

Again, many thanks for support.

Good day,

Ramesh

Claudia

Hello Ramesh,

how fast we can reply depends on our workload. I made a task for the return path disrupter, that way you will be informed when the colleagues close it. Please send speedtests you made via ethernet connection so we can eliminate possible WiFi disturbances.

Kind regards,

Claudia