abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Internet keeps dropping
sergio5
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi team Vodafone,

For the past year, I have been suffering with flakey internet.

When the internet is up, it works as per my contract and i can get 400MB/download (measured on both fast.com, and speedtest.net) 

The problem is that it is constantly dropping. I have at least to restart my router once or twice a day, reaching points like yesterday where it was just impossible. I restarted over 20 times. The internet would come after a router reboot, but drop within 5 minutes. Frustrierte Smiley

Before you ask, this happens both over direct cable connection and wifi, with different devices and operating systems (desk computer, mobile phones and laptops).

Every now and then, I have kind enough friends that have tried to reach out to you over the phone (i don't speak enough german to get through your support), but the queue is so large during the evenings that only once in the past months I was able to actually get through and reach an assistant that was kind to help me out, and for a couple of weeks the internet seems to have stabilized. But the problems are back again and is unbearable to try use your service when I am paying a lot of money for something I am unable to use.

Please help me, because I am going insane with having to constantly reboot my router.

Modem/Router: SAGEMCOM FAST5460 V1.18

20 Antworten 20
sergio5
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher
So this evening we are already closing on 10 reboots.. router is unstable, even accessing the kabel.box url takes forever. Can someone from Vodafone look into this?
Moni_GK
Administrator:in

Hello sergio5,

do you notice the disturbance all day long or only at certain times, for example in the evening?

Please send me a PM with your customer data (name, address, customer number and date of birth).

Then contact us here again when you have sent the data.

Best regards

Moni ^mmk

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!
sergio5
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Moni_GK

I have sent you a PM with my details.

Regarding the behavior, it seems more intense during evenings, but it happens during the day as well.

Moni_GK

Hello, sergio5,

I don't currently see a WLAN option on the device. Do you still have a device behind it?

Do you check directly on the router or on your device?

Best regards

Moni  

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!
sergio5
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Moni_GK,

I don't currently see a WLAN option on the device. Do you still have a device behind it?

I am not at home currently, so there should not be any device connected to the router at the moment.

Do you check directly on the router or on your device?

I can verify that the connection drop across different devices both through cable and WiFi.

Yesterday I did a factory reset on the router to see if it would help, but nothing, it had the same symptoms, takes about 5-10 min to establish a connection, and lasts for about 1-5min before dropping again.

Even if I went to sleep with a somewhat stable internet, in the morning internet is no longer reachable.

Tried with different DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1) in case it was yours that had the problem, but no way to reach them.

sergio5
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher
To give more context:

This morning internet was again not working.
Restarted the router at about 9:20am and internet was stable until now - 11:45.

Internet went down at 11:45… I logged in to kabel.box to see if the router would report something, and it said 'internet operational'. This was of course not true, as all my devices (phone and laptop over WiFi, and desktop over wired lan) dropped the connection to external network simultaneously.

Rebooted router and internet got back. I'll post an update next time it drops.
sergio5
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher
16:06 - new reboot needed, surprised how it lasted this long on a weekend.. 4h35m of uptime.
sergio5
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher
16:37 - again rebooting.. less than half an hour now..
sergio5
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher
18:05 - down again, fixed with router reboot