abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Internet is unstable
gaaarfild
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer

Last month the internet connection is very unstable.

Ping in online games goes very high periodically.

Dropping connection, so I have to reboot the router.

How can this be fixed?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: @gaaarfild moved to cable section

51 Antworten 51

Hi Wallace,

Today technic  has come, but I think he didn't make anything meaningful. Just replaced a coaxial connectors.

It didn't fix an issue.

Today at 13:48 was again disconnect. 

Maybe I still need a new device? As it's not only internet connection but the router itself just disappears. No LAN, no WLAN. I can't access it for 1-2 minutes. Then connection restores.

Can't be an issue of a coaxial connector, I guess.

Kind regards,

Dinar.

Tobias
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey,

im gonna change the modem for you, the device should arrive you soon.

Regards

Tobias

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi Tobias,

New device arrived. I installed it. Problem didn't solve. Still the same short temporary recurring issue.

Kind regards,

Dinar.

Hello again.

So just to clarify, I'm getting 2 types of issues.

First one is a short speed drops to 0 for 10-20 seconds.
Second one is router restarting. I checked at that moment and there only Power and Wireless lights were blinking.

Others were off. So it looks exactly like reboot. No LAN and WLAN available at that moment.

Also, I noticed that these reboots happening more often when I'm playing online games, so I guess maybe router gets overloaded with data transmission or something like that. But it's practically impossible to play any online game that requires a steady reliable connection.

I'ts very frustrating, as this is happening now already during around 8 months. And I keep paying 40 euros monthly.

I don't know how else could I help you to fix this problem, but I already:

- bought a long expensive CAT7 LAN cable and laid it to my PC over the whole appartment.
- I started to sniff the traffic to probably find anything harmful.
- Checked my PC for any viruses.
- Bought a LAN switch with QoS and limited traffic to the router.
- Disabled 5GHz Wlan

And nothing helped.

I absolutely don't know what else I have to do to solve this issue.

Wallace

Hi gaarfild,

I'm running out of ideas. Have you connected the router to a power strip? Can you test the router directly at an electrical outlet?

Regards

Wallace

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi Wallace,

It's connected directly to the electrical outlet. With the official router's power supply. No power strip used. It's the only device there. So no other additional consumers on this line.

Kindest regards,

Dinar.

Tobias

Hey,

well, as Wallace said before, i'm running also out of ideas. Another idea could be a again a technician, its probably something faulty on your site, so it could be only fixed by a technician 😕

Regards

Tobias

Hello Tobias,

I think I want to change the provider. I can't use unstable interten any more. It have been already 8 months.

What I have to do, to stop my contract now and switch to another ISP?

Kind regards,

Dinar.

Tobias

Hey,

before we talk about it i would like to have a technician check the whole thing on site, maybe he can do it after all. do we want to try that? 🙂

Regards

Tobias

Hi,

Sure, let's try it one more time. But i'm pretty sure that if he will just tighten the connection cables, it won't fix anything. I guess, the problem is in router itself. Do you provide a FritzxBox maybe? Because, As I understood, and according to the all signs, it's just this device model can't handle all the connections and a data flow.

Kindest regards,

Dinar.