abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

IP blacklisted over and over again
Cvetko
Forum-Checker
Forum-Checker

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have complained several times about the IP addresses that you are providing to me as customer, regularly these several months were blacklisted by Spamhaus ZEN, CBL or others and they are generally unsafe. I have also made printscreens as proof. I complained over the phone twice to your employees, and nothing could be done than waiting for several days. I went into changing hosting servers for my emails and websites, which brought a lot of costs for me personally and my company.

I spoke with your customer support and they confirmed the problem twice. They told me that only business customers receive permanent IP address - so I cannot have one, and that I cannot cancel my contract because it just started.

Because you are in breach of the contract and also your employees confirmed the same, and you are not being able to provide the service that I am paying for, I would ask you to either cancel my contract so I can make a business contract or provide me with static IP address.

regards, 

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser
Vodafone cannot do anything about external Blacklist services.
And they won't provide you with a new IP.

By the way: These blacklists are only in use if you try to send e-mails without prior authentication. So there must be an error in your sending software or server configuration.
If you try to host an e-mail server at home, please be aware that this is not officially allowed within the AGB that you accepted - so contrary to what you wrote, Vodafone is not breaching the contract but you then are. Same applies if your mail server is miss-configured and checks mails from authenticated senders agains the named blacklists.

If you want to switch to a business agreement, you can simply do so in the customer central or by calling the hotline.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten 3
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser
Vodafone cannot do anything about external Blacklist services.
And they won't provide you with a new IP.

By the way: These blacklists are only in use if you try to send e-mails without prior authentication. So there must be an error in your sending software or server configuration.
If you try to host an e-mail server at home, please be aware that this is not officially allowed within the AGB that you accepted - so contrary to what you wrote, Vodafone is not breaching the contract but you then are. Same applies if your mail server is miss-configured and checks mails from authenticated senders agains the named blacklists.

If you want to switch to a business agreement, you can simply do so in the customer central or by calling the hotline.

how did you come to the conclusion that I am hosting servers at home and that I am in breach of contract? if it wasnt sad, your conclusion would be hillarious. Do you work for Vodafone or they ask you to write these things?

I have not seen how a server looks in my life, and not to talk about hosting at home. Pushing the responsibility to someone else doesnt work with someone who knows the law and contractual responsibilities of companies. 

@Cvetko  schrieb:

how did you come to the conclusion that I am hosting servers at home and that I am in breach of contract?

Please have a look at your contract terms, especially number 4.1.8 - in short: for each cable internet contract, except the business agreements, hosting at home is not allowed.

@Cvetko  schrieb:

Do you work for Vodafone or they ask you to write these things?

No, I do not work for Vodafone - and no, they didn't ask me to write such things.

@Cvetko  schrieb:

I have not seen how a server looks in my life, and not to talk about hosting at home. Pushing the responsibility to someone else doesnt work with someone who knows the law and contractual responsibilities of companies. 

So - if you do not host a mail server at home, there is NO need for you to send any kind of mail directly to a recipient server (and get blocked by the receiving server according to any RBL).

You should only use your mail providers given SMTP server to send your mail -AND- you'll have to authenticate against that server with your mail credentials. They'll NOT block you sending mail.

If these servers that you try to send to are your own servers, it's mostly that you have either misconfigured your client (e.g. not enabled authentication and are therefor being blocked sending mails by the given RBL) -or- your server is misconfigured (because it should NOT check the mail sender against any RBL if the sender can authenticate by username & password).

So if you are NOT hosting a mailserver at home, it's only a matter where the misconfiguration happens - either in your mail client sending mails -or- within the configuration of your mail server not accepting your mail even after authenticating.

And No: Vodafone will not provide you with a new IP address - and even if they would, that wouldn't change anything because ALL end user IP addresses are blacklisted in the forenamed RBLs. So even if Vodafone would provide you with a new IP address, this new address is already blacklisted - because those RBLs especially list end user IP address spaces as there is no unauthenticated mail traffic to be sent from any of those IP addresses. If any mail is sent from such end users IP addresses without prior authentication, it's most likely unsolisticated mails sent by any kind of malware/bot -- mail clients will authenticate themselves against a "real" mailserver that is NOT operated on such end users IP addresses.