abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Home Wifi no longer working.
AndyLongley
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi. I have Kabel home wifi and it has not been working properly for 3 weeks. I cannot stream or watch any wifi based media such as Netflix or YouTube. I have conducted numberous signal tests and the average stats I have are:

18 Mbit Download; 7 Mbit Upload; 38 ms Ping.

I have followed the "tips" for imporving signal strength and these change nothing. I require a technician who speaks English to come and fix this as I am paying for a service I am not receiving from Vodafone.

15 Antworten 15

Hello.

Thank you for the direct email update rather than using the bulletin board, but I could not reply via email.

I cannot use your telephone service as I cannot understand your German automated messages to navigate them and the agents do not speak English. Not speaking German is my fault, but it still means I cannot communicate with Vodafone as an international customer.

2 key points:
1. My internet speed has CHANGED. It used to be ok (certainly not good, but adequate at best) but now it is terrible. This means the questions regarding the Ethernet strength are not relevant because there is a different & more recent  problem. This is why I requested a technician and why I again request one!
2. I have never been asked my address for Vodafone to determine if this is a local problem. This is the only option considering recently my Wifi strength has changed. Vodafone has my address on record to check this but I guess it is up to me to suggest this? (I live in a newly built building but have been living here for a year -  you have my move date on record).

I do not have an Ethernet cable to check the speed, but again I reiterate this should not be needed as the service I am receiving from Vodafone has CHANGED recently for WiFi quality.

My Vodafone provided router is a WLAN Compal CH7466CE, shown below. Again this should not be the problem as the technician who installed my connection when I moved here in November 2018 advised me this router works as well as the newest Fritzbox. I trialed a new Fritzbox to check and it did not improve my WIFI so I returned it.

Please can you schedule a technician to come and fix my WiFi? I feel I should not have to ask this so many times to get the service I have paid for.

If Vodafone cannot provide the service I am paying for until April, I will be forced to switch to DeutscheTelekom and cancel my vodafone auto-payments.

I am keeping all of my communications with Vodafone as a chronological record of my customer dissatisfaction as evidence should it be needed.

Yours, a very unhappy customer.

pRo-Marco
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi AndyLongley,

your key points:

1. We want to know, if there is a difference between WiFi and Ethernet-connection. It could be a router problem (it appears only with WiFi) or it is a signal-problem (It also appears with Ethernet). So please prove it.

2. Please send me your name, address and customer number by PN. I'll check the signal at your place remotely.

We will not send a technician to fix the WiFi. If it is only a WiFi-Problem we will replace the modem.

And again: We do not guarantee a mimimum speed over WiFi.

Kind regards

Marco

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi Andy,

there are no visible issues with your connection. I think your test with Ethernet will give you some good results. If that is the fact, I will replace the modem.

Kind regards

Marco

Hi Marco

Thank you for the update. I will conduct the test ASAP and let you know the results. Confirming you'll need the Download, Upload & Ping speeds for both Wifi and with Ethernet?

Thanks

Andy 

pRo-Marco

Hi Andy,

yes, that is, what I need to know Smiley (fröhlich) Thank you!

Kind regards

Marco

Hi Andy,

I've arranged for the router exchange. The new router comes with a return note for the old one. 

Regards

Wallace