abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Home Wifi no longer working.
AndyLongley
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi. I have Kabel home wifi and it has not been working properly for 3 weeks. I cannot stream or watch any wifi based media such as Netflix or YouTube. I have conducted numberous signal tests and the average stats I have are:

18 Mbit Download; 7 Mbit Upload; 38 ms Ping.

I have followed the "tips" for imporving signal strength and these change nothing. I require a technician who speaks English to come and fix this as I am paying for a service I am not receiving from Vodafone.

15 Antworten 15
AndyLongley
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Wondering what the point of this forum is if Vodafone doesn't even reply?

ERFD
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello, AndyLongley,

basically streaming at 18 MBit/s is sufficient. What does the LAN connection look like? Have you tried to optimize the WLAN? Do you have a lot of external WLAN networks?

Best regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi Fred. I do not have 18 mbs. I just did a test and it's at 10.4 now. The last week the Vodafone test has given me downloads of 2.8; 7.8; 0. (yes that is zero).

Please know that I literally have not been able to watch Netflix or YouTube for 3 weeks now! 

I only have the TV and 2 mobile phones on my network, no gaming, and nothing more than usual.

I request a technician to come and support ASAP as for the year I have lived here the wifi has been poor. I only have one WLAN location in my apartment and cannot change this location.

Please confirm a technician can come as you have a very dissatisfied customer here.

Adding to my last to clarify:

I have only 1 WLAN socket location in my apartment and cannot change this.

I have been in my apartment for 1 year and the vodafone Wifi has been disappointing and problematic for the whole time.

ERFD

Hello, AndyLongley,

no technician comes to optimize the WLAN. We don't send a technician out for that.

The 18 MBit/s are from your incoming mail. Please answer the questions. If necessary via LAN on TV.

Best regards Fred

Hi Fred. I do not understand your comments or note. What does it mean?

The only questions you have asked are:

What does the LAN connection look like? DO NO UNDERSTAND YOUR QUESTION.

Have you tried to optimize the WLAN? (YES I HAVE FOLLOWED THE ONLINE STEPS AND NO CHANGE (I ALREADY ANSWERED THIS)

Do you have a lot of external WLAN networks? NO. ONLY THE TV AND MOBILES. (I ALREADY ANSWERED THIS).

So what are the conditions when you do send a technician out? My WIFI does not work properly and it has not for 1-2 months now. I have already done your online suggestions. Myself as a customer needs better support from Vodafone to provide the service you are happy to make my money for every month.

I am looking forward to some customer service and an acceptable resolution. 

Moni_GK
Administrator:in
Administrator:in

Hello AndyLongley,

If "only" the WLAN doesn't work, we don't send a technician here. Fred had asked if the LAN was also wrong.

You don't have another WLAN near you, e.g. from neighbours. This can also cause interference.

Best regards

Moni

Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

Hello - I still do not understand your question. This forum is so frustrating from a customer perspective that I have to wait days to get a response to a request and still there is no solution. All I receive is more confusion and no action.

I live in an apartment block. Other apartments have the internet of course. This is my answer to your WLAN question as I have no idea what else you were asking.

Based on the information I have given you - what is your solution? I expect the next response to give me a solution to my clear problem.

I am NOT receiving the service I am paying for which is also breach of contract from Vodafone. Why should I continue to pay the monthly fee if this does not change?

Claudia

Hello AndyLongley,

if the replies take to long for your taste you are welcome to call the service hotline. Both Fred and Moni asked what the connection is like with a direct ethernet connection with an ethernet cable plugged in both the router and your device, as we don't guarantee a certain speed over WiFi due to various possible ressources of restraints in the building or flat we cannot control. What type of router do you use?

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!