abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

High ping everyday in the evening since 4 Months
Haidy
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,

I have an annoying problem with my internet. I have a Vodafone Kabel connection with 32 Mbps, and since 4 months, I have very bad high unstable ping every evening between 20:00 and 23:00. The ping is between 100 and 150 ms, and this is really slow. I am a gamer and also work as network engineer and have to work from home sometimes, however with this ping, everything is bad. Games are not playable and accessing any website such as facebook takes more time with 150 ms delay!! I normally have 17-25 ms ping, but this is in the monring and afternoon in which I don't use the internet.

I need a solution to this as soon as possible as I use the internet at night, and with that ping I can't use it anymore. Do you think switching to DSL connection would fix the problem? Should I pay more to have stable ping?

I have provided screenshots of ping plotter and command line ping and traceroute. From the trace route, it seems the next hope after the router is taking around 100 ms, which means connection between the router/building and first vodafone main router is where the congestion occurs.

Yes I use ethernet cabel, and I am the only user of the service. By the way, I am a network engineer and have a master in Communications Engineering, so I am happy to answer your techncial questions.

5 Antworten 5
Lars
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi,

I'd like to take a look at the connection.

Please send me your customer number, name, address and date of birth by private message. Please report here as soon as you have sent the PM.

Best regards

Lars

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
Haidy
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello Lars,

Thank you for your message. I have sent you the requested info as a private message. 

Currently having this issue at 19:45.

Thank you!

Claudia

Hello Haidy,

the reason for the high ping is an utilisation. We will need to expand our net, according to the plan this should be done in the next few weeks. I made a task for you, you get one email for the creation of the ticket, another one for the assignment to the net expansion ticket and a third one will come when the tickets will be closed.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Haidy
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,

It's been more than a month since I have reported this issue without a fix. The ticket still have processed and accepted status. The situation is getting worse now with packet loss and signifcant low data rate added to the original high ping issue. Sometimes I get only 8mbps out of 30mbps.

Do I have to wait one more month? Two months? A year? If this issue cannot be fixed, what posiblities do I have? Is it possible to switch my connection to DSL? Can I cancel my 2 year contract?

Thank you.

Claudia

Hello Haidy,

as I told you, the ticket will be closed when the net expansion is finished. The current plan for that is the middle of the next quarter.

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!