abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Frequent outages - Mostly 2-3 days with no internet
GopiSankar
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

It started as 1 - 2 hrs outages initially, now this has gone unbearable and frustrating. For the last month or so, days I have been without internet are more than the days with internet. Sometimes I dont even bother to report the issue, knowing the standard response "My area has internet issues". I cant believe "The Vodafone" does not have the manpower/equipments to handle these frequent outages. I am totally frustrated as I cannot work from home. I have already exhausted my personal mobile internet balance and now slowly using my company internet balance as well. So now, please let me know, what are my options?

1.  Will Vodafone provide alternate internet option like mobile data topup or new sim? 
  2. Will Vodafone refund the bill amount?
  3. Will Vodafone allow me to cancel my contract without notice?

From personal experience, I dont think I will get any of the above. After all I am a stupid frustrated customer paying my bills for no service from Vodafone. Thanks a lot. Maintain this great service standard and I will wait anyway until the end of my contract period. 

12 Antworten 12
GopiSankar
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Incase if needed

• In welchem Bundesland wohnst Du? Sende bitte auch die Postleitzahl - Bavaria, 90411 Nuremberg
  • Welchen Vertrag hast Du? (z.B. Internet + Telefon 100) - Red Internet & Phone 50
  • Welches Modem/ Router nutzt Du? (z.B. Hitron) - Vodafonestation TG3442DE
  • Nutzt Du ein Leih-Gerät von uns oder hast Du ein eigenes Gerät? - Leih Geraet
  • Welcher Fehler tritt auf? (Geschwindigkeit zu gering; Packetloss) Schicke dazu auch Screenshots von Speedtests (mit Datum und Uhrzeit) und Tracerts/ Pingplotter-Messungen bei Packetloss oder Ping-Problemen - Frequent Internet outage
  • Wie ist Dein Endgerät mit dem Modem verbunden? (LAN; WLAN; zusätzlicher Router; PowerLAN) - WLAN
  • Welchen Browser verwendest Du normalerweise? (z.B. Firefox) Chrome
  • Welches Betriebssystem hast Du auf Deinem Rechner? (z.B. Windows) Windows
  • Beginn und Zeitraum der Störung (z.B: seit Anfang April; nur am Abend) SInce December 2021
  • Lade dazu noch einen Screenshot von den Signalwerten hoch. Diese findest Du in der Benutzeroberfläche Deines Kabelrouters über 192.168.0.1 bzw. über 192.168.178.1 bei der Fritzbox. - No signal currently
  • Welche Maßnahmen wurden durch die Störungshotline (erreichbar unter 0800-5266625 für Vodafone Kabel Deutschland bzw. 0221/46619100 für Vodafone West) durchgeführt? - Created tickets, so far 5 reported. Gets fixed possibly after 2 days, then works for 1/2 day then goes back to outage
ERFD
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello GopiSankar,

welcome to the community 🙂

I'm sorry that your connection keeps causing problems. We will be happy to take a look at your connection and the problem. Please send us the customer number, name incl. address and date of birth of the contract holder via private message. In case of an outage, we can offer you free mobile data volume or refund the charges proportionally from the time the outage ticket is available.

Write here briefly when the data has been sent. Currently it takes a few days until we are back in the post 😞

Best regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
GopiSankar
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the response. I have sent the details via PM. 

I would also like to know, whether I can end the contract for these frequent outages. Please let me know

Regard,

Gopi

Claudia

Hello Gopi,

for data protection we need the name of the contract owner. Please send it via PM and reply here again. When was the last outage?

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi Claudia,

I have sent the details via PM.

The last outage was on 17.Jan.

Originally I have reported 5 tickets starting from last week of December. Now there are only 3 tickets visible, I am not sure why the remaining 2 were removed from my view.

Thanks,

Gopi

ERFD

Hello GopiSankar,

all tickets older than one month are no longer displayed there. The last ticket from 17.01.22 was assigned to a fault in the return channel and closed on 20.01.22. Since then the connection is stable. Apparently the colleagues were able to fix the problem now.

The values at your modem are not ok. This should be looked at by a technician on site. Maybe this also has an influence on the last failures. We refrain from a cancellation, as long as the technology has not improved here.

Best regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
GopiSankar
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Fred,

I cannot agree with your response regarding the reason for failure.  

The values at your modem are not ok. This should be looked at by a technician on site. Maybe this also has an influence on the last failures. 

The reason being, when the failure tickets were created, I was informed in all cases that it is a grid/zone/area failure and not just in my connection alone. This information is also updated in all those tickets.

Besides, the values informed in my modem were never ok, refer my past thread, https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/St%C3%B6rungsmeldungen-Internet-TV/Cable-Modem-restarts-frequently-and-...

Before you start asking questions regarding my personal modifications from my previous thread, I will answer them shortly here. The cable setup is fully reverted to the way the first technician installed in my house. The old modem is replaced recently. So, there is nothing to check in my house or connection and I am not interested in another technician visit as I feel there is no use with that. 

Somehow I have the feeling that the final fault will be pinned on me and I have to pay the charges for the visit.  Your last response regarding the connection failure and the modem values just enforces my thought. I am not blaming one person here, I know its how Vodafone wants it to be or they will end up paying for the damages.

The reason I waited before responding was to see how Vodafone is transparent in the billing. I was not compensated in the latest bill. If the failure is an area wide and I have reported around 5 times, why cant the compensation be automatic.  Its as simple as that, when I had to pay extra charges, it was promptly taken care in the next billing cycle, but if I have to be compensated, then there will be only silence, So like I said in my first post, I cannot expect any kind of compensation from Vodafone.

So, my final question again here. How will Vodafone compensate me for the loss of my working hours and money spent on  data topup because of these frequent failures, now that I clearly understand that the contract cannot be terminated eariler? Please dont circle around with the modem values. I am least bothered about the speed now, I just want a dependable and working connection.

Thanks,

Gopi

Tobias

Hi Gopi,

we dont circle around, my colleague saw there is something faulty on your connection (besides the area failures) and thats the reason why he offered you a technician. These are two completely different things, but when they occur together, it can end up being even "worse" for the connection.

So basicly, i can offer you 50% of the monthly fee for one month in that case.

Regards

Tobias

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi Tobias & Others,

Thanks a lot for your support. My intention is not to point fingers at you. Its just the frustration boiling out of these frequent problems. There is an outage now even as I am typing this message, I havent bothered to report it today. (Whats the point of reporting it anyway?) There was an outage last Friday (11.02) and I reported it, luckily it was fixed in a day. So consider yourself in my situation and reporting to your Boss and office almost every week, that my Internet is not working. They would probably consider me as a liar and I am giving fake excuses to avoid work. 

Regarding the compensation offered, I am spending more than your proposed compensation on my data alone. Add to that my familiy's data expenses. Please let me know if you are in my position and you will be satisfied with this compensation.

My opinion is , since there is no permanent fix for this repeated issue from Vodafone side, please  let me know how soon I can cancel my contract. I dont see the reason why I need to continue with this poor connection. Like I said in my previous message, its better to have a working connection than a faster connection.

Thanks,

Gopi