Meintest du 

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Frequent and random internet disconnection
ShyamSK
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

I have a DSL connection, and just joined on the 24th of May 2022. The modem/router that was provided was an EasyBox 805, and it seems like it randomly disconnects during the day. I don't have a device to connect to check if there is a problem with the wired connection, and all of my devices use Wifi. Home office is literally impossible due to this. The internet light on the device goes red, and then it reconnects. Sometimes even twice/thrice in a row.

I don't speak German, and so I was unable to figure out your customer care. Please advice.

What can I do to rectify this? 

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen

Turns out the problem was indeed with the router. Vodafone (thanks to Andre and Micha) helped replace the faulty one with a working one and I have had proper connectivity since. No issues so far. 

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

7 Antworten 7
ConradS
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Same problem here.

Andre
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey shyamSK,

sadly there is no dedicated english speaking hotline =(
Most agents should be able to handle a call nevertheless.

The easiest way would be a checkup using our networkassistant . Sadly the assistant is only in german, but most browser should be able to translate the page.

If there are no known incidents in this region, a callback by an colleage from the technical department is offered at the end of the check.

Frequent disconnects are most likely an indicator of something faulty with the landline itself. In rare occasions a defect of the router.

Could you please try the assistant ?
If its not possible due to the language barrier, send me a private message with your customerdetails. But it may take 1-2 days till i'll get to have a look into this. I need your dsl customer & mobilenumber.

Therefore click on my name/avatar -> then the big red button on the right side.

Cheers,

Andre

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

> If there are no known incidents in this region, a callback by a colleague from the technical department is offered at the end of the check.

There were no known incidents at the time, and I was offered a call back from your colleague, who after some debugging (I assume) directed me to call another German number if the issue persisted. Sadly this number was automated and kept asking for things in German, which I didn't understand. So that led to nowhere. 😞

> Frequent disconnects are most likely an indicator of something faulty with the landline itself. In rare occasions a defect of the router.

Yes, I assume the same, but without someone more technical to check the issue out all I can say is what I have experienced. The most frequent disconnects seem to be when I use a site that pulls more data, like say Instagram/Discord/Telegram. If I were to simply browse the net, then the connection would last a bit longer. Maybe an hour or so before disconnecting.

> If its not possible due to the language barrier, send me a private message with your customerdetails. But it may take 1-2 days till i'll get to have a look into this. I need your dsl customer & mobilenumber.

I have sent you a PM. Thanks 🙂

Turns out the problem was indeed with the router. Vodafone (thanks to Andre and Micha) helped replace the faulty one with a working one and I have had proper connectivity since. No issues so far. 

HeikeF

Hi Shyam SK,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad it works now.

Can I close here now ?

Best regards

Heike

Yes, you can close this thread. Thanks 🙂

HeikeF

Done. 🙂

It´s closed now.

Best regards

Heike