abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

English Support - Router Reset
zerg686
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Good Days Guys, 

I am looking for an english tech support who can help me with my problem, i was having an intermittent connection since last year but i didnt file a report as i can still tolerate the connection even if its slow and inconsistent. Unfortunately last wednesday night my router suddenly dropped wifi connection from all of my devices and cannot reconnect anymore. i have requested my german speaking colleague to call tech support (as i am not yet good at speaking german) and she was told to reset the router by pressing the reset button at the back of the router. 

I did what was instructed but unfortunately the router was reset to factory settings and now i think even the vodafone settings was also reset to factory settings as i cant find the Wifi Name of the router (as indicated in the back of the router) in my devices wifi hotspot list 

6 Antworten 6
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

Can you please try to use a LAN cable and check the router status?

And does your contract include the WiFi option?

Thank you for your reply. unfortunately i dont have lan cable and my laptop does not have a lan port also. 

Yes my contract includes the WLAN option as the router sent to me has that capability built in. Also i have been using that same router for the whole year last year (my contract started last feb 2020). it was only 3 days ago that (wifi connection) stopped working. 

What is worst is that since the tech support from vodafone suggested to reset the router, now i cannot even find the WLAN name as provided in the back of the router in my hotspot list. there is one popping up in the list with SSID "Broadcom" which I think is the factory SSID of the router.

@zerg686  schrieb:

What is worst is that since the tech support from vodafone suggested to reset the router, now i cannot even find the WLAN name as provided in the back of the router in my hotspot list. there is one popping up in the list with SSID "Broadcom" which I think is the factory SSID of the router.

This looks more like some kind of update went catastrophically wrong (or you inadvertedly stopped the update process at a bad time)...

It might be that the router needs to be replaced - but first it would be good if you could try to connect using a LAN cable; maybe you can ask someone that still has a notebook with a LAN cable to try to check if your router is "dead" or if it's just some kind of setting being defective.

@reneromann sorry for the late reply, i ordered lan cable and lan adaptor for my laptoo from online and they just arrived. I tried to connect my laptop via the Lan Cable but still no success, cant detect the network also. 

I am now desperate as i have no connection since 7 April 2021 and i am on a work from home schedule. 

do you have any contact details for any english speaking tech support here?

Thanks in advance

I doubt there's any kind of english-speaking support hotline...

You'll need to ask someone that speaks German to call the support for you...

@reneromann thats what i did on the 8th of April, i asked my colleague to call tech support for me and they told my colleague to have me reset my router. which i think started this whole mess. 

I was initially hesitant to do a reset because i know it will erase the data including the intial setup made by vodafone. But since the "tech support" was the one who instructed to reset the router, i was obliged to comply. 

Oh well. lesson learned. 

Thank you for your effort. Good day.