abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

(English) Connection problems with video calls
utkuturunc
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Sorry for the English message. I am new in Germany, still in process of learning German.

I am using Vodafone cable 100 at my home with Vodafone original router with 5Ghz wifi.

Speed ​​tests are fine. I usually get the promised speeds, downloads and streaming are very good.

However I have 2 problems. 

1. Sometimes the connection drops for a few seconds and comes back up. This is rare for me compared to my neighbors.

2. Important . Video call quality is very poor. WhatsApp calls drop very often, the quality of the calls are very poor and there are a lot of stuttering. If I disable the wifi and use the 2mbit cellular internet, the quality is much better, which should not be happening. So for the last 3 days IDNow, but it failed failing connection speed test on desktop, and failing to establish connection on mobile. Today I tried the same app with my wifi office, it worked in 2 seconds on the first try.

Could you help me solve this problem?

6 Antworten 6
Manu
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi utkuturunc, 

sorry, but I didn't understand the last sentence.
Which app works in the office?
What connection can you no longer establish?

Best Regards, Manu

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

The app was IDNow. It refused to connect for 3 days. I waited for hours, I tried more than 10 times. It couldn't connect.

The next day I tried at my office, and it worked in 3 seconds.

Same goes for whatsapp, it keeps on dropping calls every few minutes, there are a lot of stuttering and quality is really bad.

I can download at full speed and watch 4k easily. This is why I think there is a problem with some applications (p2p maybe?).

Maybe there is some firewall, or misconfiguration?

Hi, I am still having the same issue. Could you help please?

Manu

Hi utkuturunc,

please excuse the late answer, unfortunately your contribution has gone down. Smiley (traurig)

We do not block anything by any firewalls or similar. It could be a setting in your system that hinders it.

You can also send me your name, address and customer number in a private message, then I'll take a look at the connection.

Best Regards, Manu

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

I sent the pm

Tobias

Hi,

thanks for the data. So, the connection seems fine, did you use a wifi-router, or did you just our device? If you use a wifi-router we could try the bridgemode, that enables the IPv4, maybe this voice services didnt support IPv6,

Regards

Tobias

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!