abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

(English) Cable Internet gets disconnected several times a day
Kowalsky
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,

Sorry for writing on English, but my knowledge of German is not so good.

I hope someone will be able to help me since this is realy frustrating. I have had a call with technical support (I was crazy lucky to get them!) and struggling to explain problem on German, than they have sent me another coax cable. Of course that did not help. Who knows what they understood when I tried to explain on German. So this is basicaly my only hope.

Anyway, since few weeks back I have a constant problem with internet conectivity. Everything was fine for more that 4 years I am using KD, but since few weeks back some guys came to check our coax cable conection in our building (it was anounched 4 weeks upfront) due to the issues with TV reception reported by someone in the building.

From that moment on, when done guys came and did something with the cables, my Fritzbox gets rebooted 20-30 times a day, usualy several times in a row, especialy in the evening. Internet connection is completly unreliable, and causes me a losts of issues since I am mostly working from home and not being able to do anything without working internet connection. I'm not touching cables, everything was working perfectly in the past.

Let me share few more detials, just to make sure you have all the data you need:

• Which product do you have? 
    • Red Internet & Phone 32 Cable
  • Which modem / router do you use? 
    • Fritz!Box 6490
  • Do you use a loan device from us or do you have your own device?

• I use Vodafone device
  • Which error occurs? 

• Internet connectivity disruptions, FritzBox is rebooted serveral times a day
  • Which browser do you normally use?

• All Chome/IE/Safari/Firefox
  • Which operating system do you have on your computer?

• Both Windows and MacOSx
  • Start and duration of the disturbance
    • Started at 5th of September 2018, 15:00, still present, happens randomly

I guess you will need my customer number and addrees. I will be happy to provide it via private message.

Thanks a lot!

Boris

24 Antworten 24

Hello Claudia,

Thnaks for your email!

Yes, new router has arrived, and I have installed it two days ago on 24th Oct. So far I had 6 reboos on 25th and 5 reboots on 26th of Oct. but not a single one for today. We can wait for for more days up to a week to make sure that there is some real improvement.

But new device is having another problem, and that is that I cannot enable telephony and DECT functionality. I do not see that as a big problem, but I would definatly like to be able to use telefone since I have in my contract. Each time I try to enable DECT on FritzBox console, I get an error message.

And I will come back here if router reebots and disconects will be back!

Kind regards,

Boris

Hello Claudia,

New modem is working without issues for 4 days already. Seems to be much better than it was before. But new modem has no telephone functionality. 

I have also sent back old modem but now i have asked over email to send back new modem. What should I do now?

Thanks,

Boris

Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Boris,

I just re-registered your Fritzbox in our system, that's why it rebooted. Unfortunately that didn't help, so please do a factory reset without using a backup.

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi Claudia,

I did a factory reset, and that indeed fixed the problem with telephony. My dect phone is working now. 🙂

But there was 7 unexpected reebots of FritxBox since than so I am not realy convinced that new FritxBox and simplified configuration has fixed the inital problem with unexpected reboots. I would suggest to wait additional week or two before confirming that problem has been finalt resolved.

Thanks,

Boris 

Hi Caludia,

I am afraid but same problem with router being rebooted frequenty came back. Sometimes its fine for day or two and everything works fine but than problem comes back and FritxBox gets rebooted by ifself for several times in a row.

Problem initrialy came with a visit of first technician who came to check issues with TV receptions in the building. From that moment one issues have started.

Maybe you should send new technician to check what theprevious one did? 🙂 Last time technician Zukic came to help and he was quite good, Can you send him again?

Thanks,

Boris 

Claudia

Hello Kowalsky,

I just saw that the modem data look pretty bad again, this concerns other modems in your environment as well. So I made the task for the technician. I cannot promise that the same colleague will visit you again, but I'm sure the others will help you as well :).

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Kowalsky
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher
Hello Claudia,

There was no more isssues after last visit of technicians!
It is working as it was working before!!! Thanks a lot for your support!
It took a while, but it is fixed finaly.

Since problem has been fixed I have just upgarded my tariff to a higher speed, but IPv4 has been disabled and I need it to connect to home via VPN. Can that be reenabled?

Thanks,
Boris
Kowalsky
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher
Hi Claudia,

I have a problem with accesing some video streaming service since IPv4 has been disabled for me.
Can it be reenabled please?

Thanks,
Boris
Jens
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hello Kowalsky,

what service is that? Can you not use it with IPv6?

Regards

Jens

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
Kowalsky
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher
Hello Jens,

Its Croatian commercial TV stream that I used before without any issues, but not working any more since I upgraded to a new tariff and lost IPv4. Not working any more on both my laptop and phone. But when I enable LTE on my phone, it works perfectly.
Another thing that I cannot use any more is VPN that I have configured on my FritzBox to access my home network when I am traveling.

Regards,
Boris