abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

ENGLISH - No Homespot/Hotspot Connection
Ike0
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi,

My local Homespot/Hotspot connection is not working for any of my devices. The connection status is stuck at "obtaining ip adress" which does not result in a successful connection. I can catch other Vodafone Hotspot Wi-Fi's while walking around, so I suspect that it is a local issue. Could you please help?

6 Antworten 6
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

Root Cause: You are not allowed to use your own Homespot/Hotspot.

Very simple solution: Connect your devices to your "own" WiFi and NOT the public Homespot/Hotspot network.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately in my case I was able to use the vodafone hotspots distributed across my apartment building with my hotspot account,  soI did not have this problem before 08.Nov. Around that time it stopped working, and the situation has not changed after coming back from vacation. Is a remote reset possible? Or should a service personnel take a look at the router setup in my building?

pRo-Marco
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi Ike0,

I need the ID of the Hotspot to check the connection.

Kind regards

Marco

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi Marco,

The Vodafone hotspot app does not give a host-id, likely because I can't even connect to the net. I can send you the host-ids that are reported in the map section of the app, or the mac addresses of the closest devices. Can I send a direct message to you?

Hi again Marco,

I have managed to find one corner where I can get good to very good signal strength, but the connection keeps dropping.. the host-id is HH-9-2752366

pRo-Marco

Hi Ike0,

thank you. The spot shows no issues. I try to reconnect it. Maybe this will help. that is all we can do here, because it is a private spot. If it doesn't work, please try other spots.

Kind regards

Marco

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!