abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Device keeps restarting by itself and disconnecting
bukolaj
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello , 

I changed my device to Fritzbox because the former vodafone station was having issues with slowness and disconnecting as well and customer service said fritzbox is better . Now since 2 months the device restarts by itself every now and then . can you please take a look and tell me what is wrong . 

thank you

12 Antworten 12
Jana478
Administrator:in

Hello bukolaj,

please answer the following questions from the article All about incident reports.

Please also write in which federal state you live.

Then we know what kind of contract you have and how you use your connection.

Many greetings

Jana

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!
bukolaj
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher
  • In which state do you live? Saarbrucken -(Eschberg) 66121  
  • Which  contract  do you have?  -  Red Internet & Phone  50 Cable
  • Which  modem / router  do you use? Fritzbox 6660 Cable
  • Do you use a  loaner device  from us or do you have your  own device  ? Device from Vodafone  
  • What is the  error  ? (Speed ​​too low; packet loss)  Send screenshots of  speed  tests (with date and time) and tracerts / ping plotter measurements in the event of packet loss or ping problems
  • How  is your terminal connected to the modem   ? WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS 
  • Which  browser  do you usually use? Chrome, Safari  
  • Which  operating system  do you have on your computer? Mac OS 
  • Start  and  period of  the disturbance   Since like 2 months, July, it restarts by itself and the WLAN light goes off, followed by the power light and it goes on like that, until I have to power it off and on to boot again before it will then work 
  • Upload a screenshot of the  signal values . (find attached for 24hours)  
  • Which measures were carried out by the  fault  hotline (available at 0800-5266625 for Vodafone Kabel Deutschland or 0221/46619100 for Vodafone West)? When I called customer care they speak German and I don't speak German so they said to use the forum for english support  
Martin59
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hello bukolaj,

please send me the name of the contract holder, date of birth, full address and customer number via PN .

After that, please leave a feedback here, then I'll be happy to take a look at the connection.

Best regards, Martin

Hello Martin , 

I have sent the details via PN 

Moni_GK

Hello bukolaj,

I can not read the values of the box at all.

A technician should take a look at it on site. Would that be okay for you?

Will the colleague come with you to the house installation? The cause seems to be in our area of responsibility. In this case, the service is free of charge for you. If the technician does not find anyone at the agreed time, if there is a fault in his own cabling between the router and the antenna socket, or if he is unable to gain access, we will charge 99.50 € for the service.  

Under which phone number can the colleague make an appointment with you?

Due to the current developments we have to take certain precautions. Therefore we need to know if there are any symptoms in your household that could be related to Covid-19. Of course we don't want to offend you, but on the other hand we don't want to endanger more people unnecessarily.

Greetings Moni

Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!
bukolaj
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello , 

I am not sure i understand your message . 

Under what circumstance will  I be charged ? I though vodafone should bear the cost of a customer not enjoying the service paid for ? please advise me what you mean 

Moni_GK

Hello bukolaj,

You will incur costs if your cable from the socket to the router is broken, you are not there for the appointment or the technician cannot get access to the house system. These are all factors that we cannot influence.

Greetings Moni

bukolaj
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Moni , 

Is there any reason why you cant connect to the device remotely and run some checks ? 

Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello bukolaj,

now I see the modem signal. Some of them are out of range, the other modems in the building don't have a problem there. Did you replace the coaxial cable already? If yes there is not much else you can do. Shall we send the technician then? For that we still need the phone number, the information for Covid-19 and the access to the house installation.

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!