abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Constant Speed Problems on my Red200 Cable Line.
John_Egerton
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Contract: Red 200 Internet & Phone

Router:  Vodafone Docsis 3.1 (Your Device)

Hello,

I am hoping that you are ok speaking in English?

I have the Red 200 package since the beginning of July and my speed is consistently slow.

Last night it was so slow that the Vodafone speed check did not complete after doing the ping test. I tried this lots of times.

The average speed since July has been around 30mbs, but this is only because 1 time I tried the speed check it reached 99mbs.

I have the router plugged directly into the cable coming into the house, so no disturbance from repeaters, boosters etc.

I have also tried using the LAN cable and the problem is still there.

Because I don’t speak German yet, I’m unable to call the support line.

Because I work from home a lot, this isn’t something that I can really use. I have to join online meetings all the time and my connection regularly drops out because of the speed fluctuations. It also makes streaming impossible.

Could someone please help me resolve this and tell me what my options are if this does not get resolved?

Kind regards,

John

Speedcheck.png3.png2.png1.png

31 Antworten 31
ERFD
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello John_Egerton,

did the technician ever check the signal to the modem? There are obvious errors in the connection.

Best regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi There,

No, I do not believe he did this.

He just did a speed check, said there was nothing he could do and then left.

Kind regards,

John

ERFD

Hello John_Egerton,

ok, too bad 😞 Can we send the technician again? Otherwise we can't go on here.

Best regards Fred

Hi Fred,

Yes, you may send the technician again. Please feel free to have them call me to arrange a time.

Please, can you let them know the context of my issue? If they arrive at 10am they may not find an issue with the speed, but a few hours later the speed might be constantly at 5mb/s for the rest of the day.

Hopefully, they perform extra checks.

Kind regards,

John

Quick question,

Are you able to see something on my line from where you are? Or should I send you my router status before booking the technician?

Thanks

ERFD

Hello John_Egerton,

I've set up a new job to test the network. Your colleagues will call you if necessary.

Best regards Fred

Hi Fred,

I immediately received an automated text message saying that there was a network error and you are trying to fix it. Because of this, an appointment is no longer necessary.

Is this the case? Are you able to see anything on my line?

Kind regards,

John
ERFD

Hello John_Egerton,

that's correct. Your colleagues will get in touch with you if an on-site visit is necessary.

Best regards Fred

I'm sorry Fred, I know that this is not your fault and I thank you and Claudia for your help so far.

This is, however, getting frustrating and I would really appreciate your assistance.

The other day, the internet was so slow that my wife couldn't even make an online shopping order from Rewe. It wouldn't even load the images.

I can't use my internet connection for anything related to my work and instead have an LTE modem with a €60 per month subscription from O2 for when I am in an online meeting.

This has been the case since I ordered the service in June. I've been paying for a service that I'm not receiving.

Can someone please tell me exactly when this issue is going to be fixed and what can be done to make my connection more stable in the meantime?

I would also like someone to discuss with me a refund for the months I have been without a stable internet connection. 1-2 hours per day is not enough.

Kind regards,

John

ERFD

Hello John_Egerton,

On the one hand, there are restrictions due to excessive capacity utilisation in the upstream and downstream and there is a temporary return channel interference. According to the technology, the restrictions in the US and DS are to be removed by September.

I have deposited the credits for August and September.

Best regards Fred