abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Connection dropping and general poor performance
sm0rr0w
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hallo,

es tut mir leid. Ich lerne Deutsch, aber mein Deutsch ist noch nicht gut. Ich hoffe du kannst mir auf Englisch helfen

• What contract do you have? - Red Internet & Phone 100 cables  
  • Which modem / router do you use?  - Vodafone station TG3442DE  
  • Which error occurs:  
  • The connection to the router drops completley at least once every day. All lights on router go off and the router reboots. 
  • The performance in general is also very poor. Every day I experience intermittent instances of poor speeds, web pages loading slowly, requests timing out, streams buffering, poor quality video and WiFi calls etc. This usually results in me having to manually reboot the router to temporarily improve the situation.
  • WiFi performance and signal are also generally poor. I have tried numerous WiFi channels and band settings but often experience WiFi signal dropouts and poor performance, even when I am in the same room as the router. 
  • My wife and I have both been working from home during the Corona crisis and have experienced issues daily, no matter what device is being used (various MacBooks, Windows devices, iPhone and Android on both WiFi and ethernet cable).
  • I work in IT Support and have also worked for an internet service provider in the past, so I'm very much aware of the typical troubleshooting steps to carry out. I have tried numerous different wireless channels and profiles and factory reset the router. I've also checked the coaxial cable and socket aren't broken and that all of the connections are seated correctly.
  • I'm Based in 10245 Berlin.

I would be very grateful if someone could assist me with this issue. My German language skills are unformately not good enought to communicate effectively via telephone to the customer service team but the issue is now seriously starting to affect the work and personal life of both my wife and I. 

Vielen Dank

Stephen

30 Antworten 30
Martin59
Moderator:in

Hi sm0rr0w,

please send me your name, address, date of birth and customer number by PN ?

Please let me know as soon as you have sent the message. Then we will take a closer look at it.

Best regards, Martin

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply. PM sent.

Martin59

Hi sm0rr0w,

the disturbance is permanent, or only at certain times?

Best regards, Martin.

It can happen at any time of the day with no pattern. 

Martin59

Hello sm0rr0w,

there was a jamming signal on the line the last couple of days. This was removed today. Can you see any improvement?

Best regards, Martin

Unfortnatley not. The performance is still intermittently very, very poor.  Wirless dropouts and poor throuput speeds are common and the connection to the router is also still intermittently dropping. When this happens, all router lights go off. 

I also had to factory reset the router again after it no longer accepted the admin password, so I couldn't access the GUI to adjust the wireless settings. This has happened numerous times before.

Tobias
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey,

i would like to send you a technician, he can check the connection and router on site, looks like its something wrong on the connection. Could you send me your mobilenumber where the technician can contact you?

Regards

Tobias

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
sm0rr0w
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Tobias,

That would be great. Before accpeting an appointment, can I just check that there won't be any charges for the technican visit? The issues are frequent but intermittent and happen at random intervals, so I don't want to face potential charges if the technician doesn't happen to find a fault when he is here.

Thanks,

Stephen

ERFD

Hello sm0rr0w,

we are responsible up to and including modem. Should there be any damage in the house until then, which was caused by you or by third parties. We will bill this via a service flat charge of 99,50 Euro. The same applies if the schedule is not met. Otherwise it remains free of charge.

Best regards Fred