abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Connect modem in other room
fantony
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello!

Story: I live in 2 level appartment and I have Vodafone modem (DOCSIS).

Problem: My modem working ok in room on upper floor, but its child room and I  need to move it to lower floor room. There I have all needed plugs in the wall. But when I connect to it, modem cant establish connection.

Firstly I thought that it was "unaktiv antennendose" but no, yesterday after I've replace "dose" itself with new better one - I've got stable and nice connection (speed test checked 200Mb/sec as promised) for around 5-10 mins. Then cable signal faded and modem cant establish connection from that time. On the Stats of modem DOCSIS status there was a lot of Upstream and Downstream channels when internet was ok, but then only one type of Down/Upstream is exists. (I can provide screenshots if its somehow helps you)

Timeperiod where my modem was able to connect to internet in the desired room: 21.08.2019 22-13 till 21.08.2019 22-24 (you could check the logs you have).

Please help us!

Thanks in advance!

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
fantony
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Ok, it seems the problem is solved.
To whom it may concern: 
The problem was caused by interference from either wireless router or from AC power cables located near. 
Still not clear what actually is bieng affected by interference either coaxial cable or modem itself, but when I put away all sources of EM waves - modem works fine.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

5 Antworten 5
fantony
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Ok, it seems the problem is solved.
To whom it may concern: 
The problem was caused by interference from either wireless router or from AC power cables located near. 
Still not clear what actually is bieng affected by interference either coaxial cable or modem itself, but when I put away all sources of EM waves - modem works fine.

pRo-Marco
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi fantony,

you replaced the socket yourself? Hope you installed the right one. Seems like chennel-bonding does not work. You can try to restart the modem.

Kind regards

Marco

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hello, thanks for the answer, it seems Ive managed to replace all correct, since All is working, as of now (fingers crossed)

Wallace

Hey,

nice that it works. Is it okay if I close your thread?

Regards

Wallace

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hello, sure, feel free!